Votes: 42 24.3%

• Total voters

Jafu O'leanders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah why not. The wait was hard on me not having the PS4pro model, PS4 slim I have was beginning to show its sluggishness in gaming, and I also couldn't take advantage of 4k on my new TV. Totally worth that upgrade, only thing I'm not impressed with is the storage situation..

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playstation 2 (Market Negatives)
-No Real Negatives, except, a lot of publisher were locked out until the console and game sales dramatically declined

Playstation 3 (Market Negatives)
-Full Price Game Ripoff...with DLC Included on disk or game package ...and locked requiring additional payment (Paying Full Price for Half a Game, in observance of development cycle and sales package is a negative)
-Hardware Phishing...only sony devices work properly, ensure market forces do not lower the price point, for new and used hardware.
-Indie Developer to Proprietor...games sold for less money on "single board computers", the PC Platform, and mega site vendors like "steam and fortnix", repackaged at higher prices for the console.

Playstation 4
-Money charged for "Live/Internet Services" .................. the battlefront series of games on the ps3 had the option to rent your own server ................. charging the same pro-rate to customers that are not heavy users is discouraging .................. maybe try to charge by the hour for example 200 hours of live gameplay is about 40 dollars .............. versus charging by month or year for all customers, (because the "Live/Internet Services" is usually very poor and full of bots").

Playstation 5
-The Disaster of Privacy Evasion and Information Sharing...................
-The Disaster of including various live streaming services, and other multipurpose non-gaming related services much more then before, more pressure to use the gaming device for social media purposes.
-Much less Creativity, and Variety, because of "multiplatform" problem, and its not that people are doing more work, they are lazy, and demand more money, so theres no energy or "magic" there, no real drive, and its very boring

(the Playstation 5 has all of the problems from the ps3, ps4, era. With the added problems it introduces today........................I'm a big gaming fan, just not a fan of the new ps5 or xbox system, more then, a handheld console because those issues aren't there, or a "single board computer" or pc gaming)

(200 hours of online gaming, (not counting signing in or for game title updates), will last me about 2 to 3 years................versus paying each month or year, for something not only me, but most users would not spend a lot of time with.................the games that people actually play on the live services, not a "bot", are very few, and after the release date, much less then a few)

(the Playstation 5 will not do very well, it is a console that is subject to its competitors too much and market forces.................the environment of game development has eroded..................we are waiting to see this generation just kinda fail......................like the "virtual boy"..............too much market forces, and other agendas other then traditional gaming) If t he Playstation 5 doesn't fail, we will have another generation of poor choice, poor quality and poor accessibility.

(wanted to say that the Playstation 5 is in a fantasy land, just some fans with high expectations doesn't cut it, but we'll have to see more)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no real evidence that the PS5 is a bum release.........it does have a lot of baggage............including............a throwback to the PS3 era of the bang or bust controller issues, that made a good portion of the launch titles unplayable for most users, not willing to risk carpal tunnel syndrome (aka like the wii remote trajedies).
poor accessibility..............how about a developer mode or, a way to run a version of the linux operating system...........versus............the social media bomb (I don't own a PS5, but i'm sure you can't just customize your display to remove advertisements and social media links...............the virtual real estate of the display and internal resources dedicated to features most users will probably not use should be a "choice" not a "mandate")

poor quality
.................use three passwords to lock the system at the point of purchase, the buyer selects.............why go on to push security, when its just a mechanism to restrict the reselling of a used console, or to disable an existing account and games available on a used console...............very foolish...............the fact that, there was, stolen consoles still in the shipping boxes that were immediately used, shows how the degrading, has sadly, not impacted the demand for the system...............considering also all the baggage that the PS5 is dragging from the previous generations.

poor choice.................if the recycled ps2 and ps3 content, and ps4 content, was completely free...............following your monthly payment or following your purchase of x100 hours of the live service................not what sadly is done at present, you must keep paying membership dues to keep your "free content", and most of that is old rags from the ps2 and ps3.

(its very filthy for the home console, I don't want to say most of this behavior is isolated to sony incorporated, because its not....................but since it has been around longer, people expect more and better fundamental changes to how "business is done"................and that is just not happening......................so the question remains, will they get away with more of the same and more bad business, and maintain the market share this time around also? or may not, people are still willing to pay, and many consoles have sold already, but this is not going to last)

(normally the freedome copyright law affords in making content free to help discourage predatory behavior should work, but it is not working, newer is not better, sure an old game will look pretty but it also has more creativity, or its what is completely missing on the current gen system, its up to the consumer to put pressure, and we don't see that happening, maybe this generation, or maybe next generation, with these newer computers, if that becomes a standard, an streaming service or perhaps generally a gaming service like fortnite or steam, can really dissolve the home console market)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's no real evidence that the PS5 is a bum release...t does have a lot of baggage...including...a throwback to the PS3 era of the bang or bust controller issues, that made a good portion of the launch titles unplayable for most users, not willing to risk carpal tunnel syndrome (aka like the wii remote trajedies).
The DualSense controller is widely considered to be the best thing about the PS5. It's a joy to use and elevates gaming to a new level that isn't just better graphics or performance. After seeing the success, Microsoft are supposedly working on a similar improvement now.

poor accessibility...how about a developer mode or, a way to run a version of the linux operating system...versus...the social media bomb (I don't own a PS5, but i'm sure you can't just customize your display to remove advertisements and social media links...the virtual real estate of the display and internal resources dedicated to features most users will probably not use should be a "choice" not a "mandate")
It's sold as a gaming console so it's not really relevant but I'd be interested to know what percentage of Xbox owners actually use dev mode. Personally, I'd rather do emulation on a PC or handheld.

poor quality...use three passwords to lock the system at the point of purchase, the buyer selects...why go on to push security, when its just a mechanism to restrict the reselling of a used console, or to disable an existing account and games available on a used console...very foolish...the fact that, there was, stolen consoles still in the shipping boxes that were immediately used, shows how the degrading, has sadly, not impacted the demand for the system...considering also all the baggage that the PS5 is dragging from the previous generations.
This one doesn't make sense. You can't blame the console's security for scummy Amazon delivery drivers.

poor choice...if the recycled ps2 and ps3 content, and ps4 content, was completely free...following your monthly payment or following your purchase of x100 hours of the live service...not what sadly is done at present, you must keep paying membership dues to keep your "free content", and most of that is old rags from the ps2 and ps3.
This is a weird issue, you want every single PS2, PS3 and PS4 game available for free if you buy a PS5? That was never going to happen, so the ability to pay to have access to older games is a nice option for those that want it. That's why Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo all do it, to varying degrees of success.

Reactions: Xzi

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. I have enough gaming systems. Now all I gotta do is play the games. And as old as I am, good luck on me finishing any one of them. :teach: LoL :)

Unless there is a system that I can play all my different gaming platforms on.

Last edited by AncientBoi,

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had several, both disc and digital, all with shitty fans that had the "ufo" noise that could be heard 8 ft away on my sofa. I still have one of each, still sealed, in my spare bedroom. Selling those too. Will buy one for myself after they stop with the fan lottery.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah retro is pretty nice as well

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Looking back at old polls are fun

I knew you'd come here when "poll" was mentioned. LoL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.