[POLL] - Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Helmax, Mar 29, 2016.

?

What is your level of interest?

Poll closed Apr 29, 2016.
  1. Not Interested

10.5%
  2. Wait for Official Localization

15.8%
  3. Play a Fan Translation

73.7%
  1. Helmax
    OP

Helmax GBAtemp Regular

Feb 17, 2011
    United States
    I'm trying to gauge community interest in this project to see if it is something that would be worth investing any time into. This isn't neccessarily to benefit myself, but overall anyone interested in tackling the project (even if that would end up being myself).

I would appreciate if you visit this thread and truly have no interest, to click that.
    Seeing 100 visitors and no votes just means (in my opinion) there are 100 people that we hoping I'd hack/edit pokemon games for them. :shit:

Last edited by Helmax, Mar 29, 2016
    Wooshy, ngtunganh, ZedMania and 6 others like this.

2. ImCarlosGG

ImCarlosGG GBAtemp Fan

Sep 21, 2015
    Spain
    Virtual World
    Thanks for this. This games are very underrated, but they are amazing. I could help in testing only because I'm a noob.

Last edited by ImCarlosGG, Mar 29, 2016
    DragonIce likes this.
  3. DragonIce

DragonIce Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2016
    United States
    I'd love to see a fan translation. Joker 1 was really fun and this game looks like a huge upgrade. I love the fact that you can ride your monsters and they can fly, dive, jump etc and you can color them.

ImCarlosGG likes this.
  4. mowangzz

mowangzz Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    am a big fan of this series but the problem is, the fucking sky3ds+ just doesn't run the rom.

ImCarlosGG likes this.
  5. westwood

westwood GBAtemp Regular

Mar 29, 2016
    Gambia, The
    A Fan Translation would be really awesome. The DQ Games on the 3ds are so awesome and worth to be played! :D

ImCarlosGG likes this.
  6. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    DQMJ3 .. holy sheep how i wish for this to get localized, but chances are so damn slim i could cry LOL..

i will be buying DQ7/8 for the 3ds.. hopefully these 2 games will make the DQ series abit more popular again outside of japan..

i choose DQ over their FinalFantasy series any day.

ImCarlosGG and Helmax like this.
  7. lcleong

lcleong GBAtemp Fan

Jul 5, 2008
    Malaysia
    o.O what happened to dragon quest monster terry wonderland 3d? project ko-ed? thread already being nuked and deleted it seem

ImCarlosGG likes this.
  8. LoganK93

LoganK93 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 5, 2012
    United States
    I'd love any of the Dragon Quest games in english. But as asked, Terry's Wonderland is a no go?

ImCarlosGG likes this.
  9. Helmax
    OP

Helmax GBAtemp Regular

Feb 17, 2011
    United States
    This thread has nothing to do with any current efforts to translate Terry's Wonderland.
    I will not say anything on the matter as SQEX likes to server up C&D notices on any of their projects.
    I have a feeling if anyone were to translate that game, it may just show up one day.
    ;)

10. pikatsu

pikatsu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 16, 2014
    Argentina
    I hope someday Dragon Quest joker 3 translated

ImCarlosGG likes this.
  11. Musgora

Musgora Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    More fan translated Dragon Quest games are always welcome! Especially since Nintendo doesn't seem to keen on bringing anything from the Monsters series. Such a shame, though. Theyr'e so much fun!

ImCarlosGG and leonmagnus99 like this.
  12. Droemel

Droemel Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I finally made an account to vote on this poll^^

Since the chances for an official localization are low, i would love to see a fan translation!

Joker 3 (together with the 2 DQM 3DS remakes) is the unlocalized game which i'd like to play the most.

ImCarlosGG likes this.
  13. pikatsu

Apr 16, 2014
    Argentina
    Joker games are more easily to translate because they have not such story text and quest like the ordinary dragon quest games. So i vote Joker 3

ImCarlosGG likes this.
  14. Zoninn

Zoninn Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2016
    United States
    I can't read Japanese and I would love a fan translation of Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3! I think many others would agree as well. Any efforts and attempts to translate this game is much appreciated! It's too bad most of the Dragon Quest games and Monsters games aren't localised...

15. LoganK93

LoganK93 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 5, 2012
    United States
    Everytime I see a reply in these threads my heart gets so excited, then dissapointed when I realize there still aren't any translations. I was mainly excited for the hack initially because I thought for sure all the DQ games must have been translated, since they seemed very popular and people have Pokemon figured out practically overnight when it comes to file formats. I just want to play the games from my childhood without needing to be fluent in a different language. :/

Musgora likes this.
  16. olembet

olembet Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2011
    United States
    blame our beloved shitty sony/ square enix for not bringing this overseas anymore! instead of bringing over a bunch of shit mobile game to the west

17. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Of course people would be interested in DQMJ3 being translated. But the lack of people to translate and the lack of information from those currently translating other games lowers everyone's expectations. It's been 4 years since Terry's Wonderland 3D was released and nothing. I've personally stopped paying attention to translation threads. I can't read Japanese, so all I can do is just wait until it's done, in which case it'll show up on the front page or in the recent content list and then I get excited.

18. AdmiralToucan

AdmiralToucan GBAtemp Regular

Feb 22, 2016
    Canada
    I wish Dragon quest monsters 1+2 on the 3DS got translated too or at least simple menus, but that project died or something. I just love this series and welcome any translations.

19. Helmax
    OP

Helmax GBAtemp Regular

Feb 17, 2011
    United States
    Oh you guys. Who says anything ever died? It just takes time

20. pikatsu

Apr 16, 2014
    Argentina
    Good news. Glad to hear that. Is Dragon quest monsters 2 translated too?