Pokemon Violet New 1.1.0 Update causes corrupted data

woody565

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!
I've been playing through pokemon violet on the 1.0.1 update for about a week now, and wanted to get the new 1.1.0 update for the game as I usually play with a friend on local co-op as they have a legit copy of the game so are bound to have the update. I went to install the 1.1.0 update from tinfoil, however after it installed the game said there was corrupted data. So I uninstalled the update and the game works fine. My question is why does it say I have corrupt data as the game works just fine without the update but it is still important to me that I have it.
Switch Stats:
FW 15.0.1
Atmosphere 1.4.0

Thanks in advance :)

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello!
I've been playing through pokemon violet on the 1.0.1 update for about a week now, and wanted to get the new 1.1.0 update for the game as I usually play with a friend on local co-op as they have a legit copy of the game so are bound to have the update. I went to install the 1.1.0 update from tinfoil, however after it installed the game said there was corrupted data. So I uninstalled the update and the game works fine. My question is why does it say I have corrupt data as the game works just fine without the update but it is still important to me that I have it.
Switch Stats:
FW 15.0.1
Atmosphere 1.4.0

If you play locally, also update locally to avoid data corruption, its easier

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
sorry forgot to say I have a hacked switch and its banned from online connections so I have to get updates through tinfoil and .xci's and .nsp's
I mean if you have a friend with S/V close to u, if you join your switches you can update your game locally, even offline, no need for internet conection

woody565

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I mean if you have a friend with S/V close to u, if you join your switches you can update your game locally, even offline, no need for internet conection
I wont be able to see them for a while, any other methods that wont end up in corrupted data?

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Probably the update you downloaded was wrong, or make a backup, delete your normal save, if it works try and restore your save and/or pokes

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello!
Switch Stats:
FW 15.0.1
Atmosphere 1.4.0

Your base game might be a dodgy copy - I would suggest finding another .nsp/.xci of Violet and then trying the update again.
This happened to me with Smash Ultimate. My base was a dodgy copy and worked fine but when I installed the update the game crashed. So I uninstalled both and then found another base and install that and the update and it worked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)