Pokemon Revolution Online

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by LordDarkNe0, Oct 5, 2016.

1. LordDarkNe0
    OP

LordDarkNe0 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2015
    Hey! Could you port Pokemon Revolution Online as homebrew 3DS? I know, if you could, you should ask first to the creators of the game, but assuming is on Android, they can accept easily. Sorry, but I don't know how to program and I have bad english, so I'm useless to do something of this project...

The page is: https://pokemon-revolution-online.net/
    Probably, this should be posted on the forum of the game, but... They probably can't know nothing about programming homebrew on 3DS, this is why I post this here.

Sorry If it shouldn't be here and If is an impossible proposal :/

2. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    I can't see a source code download so no, it can't be ported except by the original devs. The only way to get it on 3DS would be to reverse engineer the client-server interface and recreate the game from scratch on 3DS.

3. Firemoon

Firemoon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2015
    Canada
    Saint-Eugène-d'Argentenay, Quebec
    And, let's be honest, won't happen.

gnmmarechal likes this.
  4. LordDarkNe0
    OP

LordDarkNe0 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2015
    But you, for example, can talk to the game developers and work their source code with them, can't you?

5. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Well it would certainly be a lot of work, especially if the client/server communication is encrypted (which I would assume it is since this seems to be some kind of MMO).

6. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    devs don't just let random people jump on the game to help. if its closed source, it wont happen.

7. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Theoretically yes, but I don't have any interest in this game so won't be doing that. You'd need a developer who is experienced in 3DS programming and who also wants to see a port of the game. However, I would say it's pretty unlikely the developers would share the source code. A leak of source code to an MMO would be a disaster for the game.

8. LordDarkNe0
    OP

LordDarkNe0 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2015
    And probably they won't see 3DS as a powerful platform to play PRO... Anyways, we could do a petition to call some developers of the game and help them if they need help. But atleast, it wasn't a bad a idea, however the game is on Android... xD I'll need to buy a good tablet to play decent. Thank you for your response!

9. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    It is a good idea to have a 3DS port. But I don't think petitioning the devs would help. If they wanted it on 3DS then I'm sure they would do it.

10. VegaRoXas

VegaRoXas GBAtemp Regular

Mar 29, 2015
    Gambia, The
  11. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    this could be a nice project, hope they like the idea to work(or let someone) on it xD

12. TariqSoftDev

TariqSoftDev ~Zexceil

Sep 18, 2013
    London
    I'd love to work a develop this but my insufficient knowledge on Pokemon and the fact I am in my last crucial year of Secondary School(High school as some people say) means I can't but I MIGHT just give it a throw on unity :P , or build from scratch

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Sh** idea, some program to control PC came out if you can deal with just the 3DS feel while playing off the PC screen using a Android emulator then do that.

13. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    I think the idea of porting the original is better than making it from scratch, right?:v

14. TariqSoftDev

TariqSoftDev ~Zexceil

Sep 18, 2013
    London
    No one but the devs have the source code and I bet unless we beg them and fund them with enough money for a separate server they'll do it , else make your own server host and port from scratch.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Edit: You know what, I just might put time and effort into a basic version and release the source, If I can find a sprite sheet set, as you see I suck at graphics.

15. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    I coulg help with graphics but i have SO MUCH PROJECTS D:
    oh well XD
    but I mean, show you can make stuff with the 3DS unity dev thing (at mu side, I suck at dev/ programming :v), say about the ideia do port the game/making a client, using even the same server and stuffs, that you won't leak stuff and if their can help, better yet , I think this way is something valid to them to accept the idea than just " MAAAAN I WANT TO SOMUCH PORT IT LET EM DO IT PELASE also I have no idea how huehue " xD

this sound bad .. I just want to say that if you can do, I think they have no reason to deny, it is a fangame so why not ? If we are serious and not willing to leak or use the stuff to cheat, just more variety for their game o3o