Pokemon ORAS Trainer Texture Question

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Gackerman54, May 16, 2016.

1. Gackerman54
    OP

Gackerman54 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 16, 2016
    Hi! Today I try to put the textures of Kalm OW (XY trainer) in Brendan (ORAS trainer). I dumped the games XY ORAS with braindump, next I extracted the romf, later I extracted the player OW textures (a/0/2/1) in both games, next I move the texture of Kalm (dec_002.154) and the Brendan texture (dec_172.154), I named the Kalm texture with the name of the Brendan texture and I put on the folder, I create the archive "1" with GARC, and I make the romfs and with the name of the id of Hans But when I start the game with the romfs with Kalm textures It freezes, What I'm doing wrong? Thank you in advance for your help

2. Gackerman54
    OP

Gackerman54 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 16, 2016

Last edited by Gackerman54, May 18, 2016
  3. Stingart

Stingart GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2008
    Netherlands
    That will never work, the textures have different resolutions. You can see for yourself. Open Kalm dec_002.154 in Ohana3DS and export the textures. Then open Brendan dec_172.154 in Ohana3DS and export the textures. As you can see none of the textures match up.

If you want Brendan to look like Calm then you will have to recreate the Brendan textures yourself. Use Ohana3DS to extract Brendan's textures, edit them and then import the edited textures back.

4. Gackerman54
    OP

Gackerman54 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 16, 2016
    Oh, Ok Thank you so much :)