Homebrew Pokémon ORAS Extreme Randomizer?

TheSnvyMaster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For starters, Idk if this is in the right place. Second, I really want to know how to make an extreme randomizer for ORAS... I can't find a software or a tutorial anywhere on how to do this... can someone help me?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should have posted in the Rom hacks and translation section but no matter....
The first step is to learn how to dump, decrypt and extract your game. You can do all of this with one program, Godmode9.
You need to either dump your game (with Godmode9 se same link) or download a CIA, then If you visit THIS thread it will show you how to extract the contents of a decrypted CIA (Romfs/exefs) which are used for Rom Hacking.

After you have copied your RomFS/ExeFS to your SD card. Create a folder on your desktop named for your pokemon game (AS/OR) then download PK3DS HERE (log in as guest, zip is under Artifacts tab).

Open PK3DS and point it to your directory with the Romfs/Exefs and select either "yes" or "no" depending on the game you're loading. The GUI of the program is pretty self explanatory so I'm not going to explain it here.

After you make your changes you can either rebuild a CIA, or use LayeredFS through Luma, ONionFS or NTR CFW.

Reactions: lordkaos

TheSnvyMaster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should have posted in the Rom hacks and translation section but no matter....
The first step is to learn how to dump, decrypt and extract your game. You can do all of this with one program, Godmode9.
You need to either dump your game (with Godmode9 se same link) or download a CIA, then If you visit THIS thread it will show you how to extract the contents of a decrypted CIA (Romfs/exefs) which are used for Rom Hacking.

After you have copied your RomFS/ExeFS to your SD card. Create a folder on your desktop named for your pokemon game (AS/OR) then download PK3DS HERE (log in as guest, zip is under Artifacts tab).

Open PK3DS and point it to your directory with the Romfs/Exefs and select either "yes" or "no" depending on the game you're loading. The GUI of the program is pretty self explanatory so I'm not going to explain it here.

After you make your changes you can either rebuild a CIA, or use LayeredFS through Luma, ONionFS or NTR CFW.
I know how to do that but is there a way to extremely randomize it? like aDrive or Tyranitar tube?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know how to do that but is there a way to extremely randomize it? like aDrive or Tyranitar tube?
So if you know, why ask then? Just use PK3DS to make your "extreme randomizer" you can change things to be as difficult/randomized as you want. That's the same program everyone uses to make these ROM hacks/randomizers. "Extremely randomize" is subjective, so I don't know what you mean by that. The program will let you do almost whatever you want to the game. Explore it, and come back if you have any questions.

TheSnvyMaster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if you know, why ask then? Just use PK3DS to make your "extreme randomizer" you can change things to be as difficult/randomized as you want. That's the same program everyone uses to make these ROM hacks/randomizers. "Extremely randomize" is subjective, so I don't know what you mean by that. The program will let you do almost whatever you want to the game. Explore it, and come back if you have any questions.
I just have 1 more question that's kind of related to this but kind of not... I want to use ntr to stream this to twitch. However, if I'm not connected to the internet in game, the stream freezes. But the video that I was watching on how to randomize said that if I update the software the randomization in the game would be gone and it would be normal again... so my question is, how do I stream without the stream freezing when I enter the game? I tried the memory patch already and it doesn't work.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just have 1 more question that's kind of related to this but kind of not... I want to use ntr to stream this to twitch. However, if I'm not connected to the internet in game, the stream freezes. But the video that I was watching on how to randomize said that if I update the software the randomization in the game would be gone and it would be normal again... so my question is, how do I stream without the stream freezing when I enter the game? I tried the memory patch already and it doesn't work.
Because the offsets for those patches changed. You need to apply the new offset manually with NTR Debugger. Also, you can stream with an updated game with LayeredFS and a code.bin/.ips from the update.
Instead of using the patch, issue this command using the NTR client:
write(0x00105B00, (0x70, 0x47), pid=0x1a)

The reason why the patch no longer works is because since 11.4 the offsets have changed.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

TheSnvyMaster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because the offsets for those patches changed. You need to apply the new offset manually with NTR Debugger. Also, you can stream with an updated game with LayeredFS and a code.bin/.ips from the update.
Just tried that and it won't work. Do I use it while NTRViewer is running?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried that and it won't work. Do I use it while NTRViewer is running?
Are you doing it before or after you connect? It works on my end with Pokemon Sun. If it's not working it's either your program, setup or user error. This is taken directly from the Github repo of Boot NTR:

"Some game disables Wi-Fi connection after it has started, which can cause the Wi-Fi to disconnect.

If this is the case, use the following command according to the firmware version of your 3ds in NTR Debugger before start the game:

Firmware <= 11.3:

write(0x0105AE4, (0x70, 0x47), pid=0x1a)

Firmware = 11.4:

This will also prevent 3DS re-connecting a previously-disconnected Wi-Fi AP."

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well you do it after connecting to NTR Viewer but before you start the game.

TheSnvyMaster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you doing it before or after you connect? It works on my end with Pokemon Sun. If it's not working it's either your program, setup or user error. This is taken directly from the Github repo of Boot NTR:

"Some game disables Wi-Fi connection after it has started, which can cause the Wi-Fi to disconnect.

If this is the case, use the following command according to the firmware version of your 3ds in NTR Debugger before start the game:

Firmware <= 11.3:

write(0x0105AE4, (0x70, 0x47), pid=0x1a)

Firmware = 11.4:

This will also prevent 3DS re-connecting a previously-disconnected Wi-Fi AP."

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well you do it after connecting to NTR Viewer but before you start the game.
If I do it while NTRViewer is running it says that NTRViewer has stopped responding and then shuts down

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade...