Hacking Pokemon HG/SS File Save Size?

Hypercomboman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Heart Gold use 1 mb file sizes or 512 kb? I am using the updated file lib file that allows for 1 mb saves but my ds keeps making 512 kb save files for Soul Silver (it makes 1 mb saves for Pokemon Platinum

Hypercomboman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KazoWAR said:
All versions of the DS Pokemon games uses 512KB save files.

I thought that Pokemon Platinum would use 1,024 kb save files, otherwise you would get the corrupted save file error or once your save file needed over 512 kb (when the cap is 512 kb) then it basically wouldn't be able to save. Now regardless of what the case is for Pokemon Platinum, does HG/SS REQUIRE 1,024 kb save files? I am currently using a 512 kb file, will I run into a problem if I keep playing.

QUOTE(bamse111 @ Dec 27 2009, 07:35 AM) Try the latest savlib.

http://sites.google.com/site/weeklyinfolib/

If I update this by simply copy and pasting will this cause any issues with my current save file (erase/corrupt it)? Also, by posting this are you implying I DO need 1,024 kb save files?

bamse111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hypercomboman said:
If I update this by simply copy and pasting will this cause any issues with my current save file (erase/corrupt it)? Also, by posting this are you implying I DO need 1,024 kb save files?
You have to delete your old save. Or you can convert it to 1024kb with a certian app.

Yes, HG/SS is using 1024kb saves.

The solution:
1. Download the latest savlib and put it in the ttmenu folder.
2. Delete your old .sav and start the game.

Now check that the .sav is 1024kb.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)