Votes: 17 50.0%

• Total voters

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
KINDA fixed this, it's still dragging itself when compared to 3th/5th gen ones

Weird, I've always found Gen 3 to be the slowest Gen by far.

Gen 4 is my favourite (after Gens 1 & 2), even without including HGSS. I think everything about them is great: the world, the Underground, the graphics/style, the music, the characters, the story, the Pokédex (excluding the Lucario and Garchomp lines) and especially the various gameplay and quality-of-life changes made in that Gen.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,
Reactions: migles

banzai200

That dude who does things
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Weird, I've always found Gen 3 to be the slowest Gen by far.

Weird indeed
The thing is, on gen 3, if you go to the options menu and put the text speed on fast, you can rush the game and really play the game more fast paced
Diamond and Pearl? Even the fast is slow, you can't rush anything and there's a little delay on each text (especially on battles) and that ruins the experience, and make the game boring

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Weird indeed
The thing is, on gen 3, if you go to the options menu and put the text speed on fast, you can rush the game and really play the game more fast paced

I guess I meant more the movement throughout the world itself, rather than the text; though I've honestly never noticed a difference in text speed between them, or in battle speed (honestly I found battles in Gen 5 slower than those in Gen 4), I'll have to test it out myself.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Weird indeed
Diamond and Pearl? Even the fast is slow, you can't rush anything and there's a little delay on each text (especially on battles) and that ruins the experience, and make the game boring
I guess I meant more the movement throughout the world itself, rather than the text; though I've honestly never noticed a difference in text speed between them, or in battle speed (honestly I found battles in Gen 5 slower than those in Gen 4), I'll have to test it out myself.
for me one thing that really bothered was in gen 3, when starting a wild battle there the animation of the pokemon appearing from left to his position on the right takes a really lot of time

Last edited by migles,

banzai200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
honestly I found battles in Gen 5 slower than those in Gen 4
Battle animations and noises maybe? Because that's my problem with the pace on Gen 5 too
for me one thing that really bothered was in gen 3, when starting a wild battle there the animation of the pokemon appearing from left to his position on the right takes a really lot of time
THIS
if i remember correctly, DP had a similar thing, just slower

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Battle animations and noises maybe? Because that's my problem with the pace on Gen 5 too
i don't think it was slow.. the music and animation were so entertaining and amusing, i spent lots of battles dancing with my head, maybe the amusement hided the fact it was slow :/ but gen 4 was not as slow or boring as gen 3 (i am talking about the wild battles thing)

anyway who the hell plays the game without setting the text to fast? it's the first thing that i change when starting the game...

banzai200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i don't think it was slow.. the music and animation were so entertaining and amusing, i spent lots of battles dancing with my head, maybe the amusement hided the fact it was slow :/ but gen 4 was not as slow or boring as gen 3 (i am talking about the wild battles thing)

anyway who the hell plays the game without setting the text to fast? it's the first thing that i change when starting the game...

Exactly that, the game had it's way to keep you amused, but it was still on a regular Pokémon game speed

Suicidal people maybe? People that want to be bored perhaps, or the newbies
but yeah, text speed to fast FTW

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Exactly that, the game had it's way to keep you amused, but it was still on a regular Pokémon game speed

Suicidal people maybe? People that want to be bored perhaps, or the newbies
but yeah, text speed to fast FTW
want to add,
in gen 4.2 (hg/ss) is a pain to start playing, we can notice the input lag while moving the character... that's why i don't played that game as much as i wanted.. feels like we are playing a game that the console can't handle or is struggling to play it...

fun fact, i use current_gen.old_gen for adressing remakes...
for example 3.1 was firered leaf green, 4.2 hgss, 6.3 oras
and i had been also using x.5 when i mention the third upgraded version (for example platinum is 4.5 gen)

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I generally don't care for Pokemon, but I did play some of Gen IV and V out of boredom a while back and B/B2 were far more polished than Platinum in graphics, music, and gameplay (more user friendly options from NPCs and whatnot). The stories and characters were equally shit in both, though.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
B/B2 were far more polished than Platinum in graphics, music, and gameplay

Honestly, I completely disagree with this. One of my main issues with Gen 5 (other than the Pokédex) is that it almost felt like a romhack or a knockoff as much as it did a main series game when I started playing Gen 5.

banzai200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Honestly, I completely disagree with this. One of my main issues with Gen 5 (other than the Pokédex) is that it almost felt like a romhack or a knockoff as much as it did a main series game when I started playing Gen 5

At first, i would agree with you, but now i see the real thing behind the 5th gen, it just tried to make something different on the series, you can't blame them for failing

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
At first, i would agree with you, but now i see the real thing behind the 5th gen, it just tried to make something different on the series, you can't blame them for failing

Well, this is my main problem with Gens 3 & 5; they tried to make a 'do-over' of sorts; making the Pokémon you encounter are almost entirely of the new Pokédex, and the Pokédexes themselves were made to fulfil the roles and archetypes of the first two Gens. This is particularly apparent in Gen 5, which is my central problem with that generation and its Pokémon.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

banzai200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, this is my main problem with Gens 3 & 5; they tried to make a 'do-over' of sorts; making the wild Pokémon almost entirely of the new Pokédex, and the Pokédexes themselves were made to fulfil the roles and archetypes of the first two Gens. This is particularly apparent in Gen 5, which is central problem with that generation and its Pokémon.
Yeah, i hear you, that's the main reason why i didn't even tried to complete the pokédex on Black when i played
but it still had the (painful and shitty) pokétransporter to take gen 4 pokémon

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, i hear you, that's the main reason why i didn't even tried to complete the pokédex on Black when i played but it still had the (painful and shitty) pokétransporter to take gen 4 pokémon
The Poké Transfer was truly awful, but at least you didn't have to wait 24 hours each time you want to transfer like you did in DP Palpark.

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Poké Transfer was truly awful, but at least you didn't have to wait 24 hours each time you want to transfer like you did in DP Palpark.
I thought the minigame was fine. I still like the poke transporter way of just not doing anything but if you're going to do a minigame for it it's fine. the pal park thing was sort of neat except for the 24 hour limit but even with that it's still bypassable, just a pain.

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, but in Gen VI, changing the time throws everything off for a day.

FUCK I forgot to play Pokemon X on my birthday AGAIN. I haven't gotten that legit yet :(
Yeah, I did that changing my time for DST trying to get Uxie, but I was talking about pal park beforehand.

oh yeah, forgotten about that, i used the "pass pokémon to pal park on ds, and catch on 3ds"
oh, ok.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte