Pokemon Arcoiris remake/completion project

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by xephos, Jan 19, 2012.

Jan 19, 2012
  1. xephos
    OP

Newcomer xephos Advanced Member

United States
    Greetings everyone xephos here with a hopefully exciting bit of news a remake/completion project of Pokemon Arcoiris. A few things; I have tried to contact the creators of the game was unsuccessful and also would like to keep the name of the game because when it is translated from Spanish means "rainbow" and who does not like a shadow lugia? This re-make has parts from Pokemon Naranja, and Arcoiris which means a majority of it is NOT mine and I do give credit to them both, Serg!o and Sprihack.net

ROM: Pokemon Arcoiris

Version: Pokemon Ruby

Developer: Inspired by Numus, Ra, and Serg!o; completed by Xephos Inc.

Xephos Inc. has decided to re-create the incomplete re-creation of the small saga, of the Orange Islands, The T.V. series that Nintendo never created

Features:

[​IMG] You explore the Orange Islands, the regions of the legendary birds (fire island, thunder island and ice island), the Origin Island (mewtwo and mew), and maybe a few others

[​IMG] New maps.

[​IMG] You can play as: Ash or Misty.

[​IMG] Only up to Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald will be able to be caught, plus a few D/P/PT Pokemon

[​IMG] Starter: Pikachu.

[​IMG] Bonus: Chikorita, Cindaquil, Totodile, and more.

[​IMG] Visit other regions such as Kanto

[​IMG] Other stuff: New tiles, new sprites, new adventure, new music, actually completing the project (I will try very hard to see that this gets completed because I hate when a game gets good then the creator quits and never says a word why).

[​IMG] Looking for scripters, spriters, story writers, and mappers.

[​IMG] Pics:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] Bugs: Some items have extra words. EX: Red Flutea, and they will not change.

2. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    While I always like to see a well-done ROM hack, this one looks like it's gonna take a lot of work. Of note, making both Hoenn AND Kanto available is highly unfeasible. If you do a FireRed or LeafGreen hack, you might be able to put the Orange Island maps in place of the Sevii islands, but I don't know how feasible that is either as I've never tried dicking around with maps.

Anyways, I don't have time to dedicate to hacking and the like, but if this makes it far enough that you need a script editor or even just a human spellchecker and grammar-fixer, lemme know, I can probably help.

Also, if you have the ability to play as Misty for the female option, maybe a different starter for her might be a good choice? Staryu, perhaps, or Togepi?

Lastly, and this is just a pet peeve of mine, but should you really be looking for beta, or even alpha testers before a team has even been put together?

It's too late for anyone but the mods to do anything now, but this topic probably should've gone here:
    http://gbatemp.net/f...d-translations/

3. SignZ

Member SignZ Timelord

Germany
    Sounds good, but.. Wrong section? Sounds more like a GBA hack.

€dit: I just got ninja'd.

4. xephos
    OP

United States
    Thanks for those Ideas as you can see that I quick edited it.

Ps I will most deff keep you in mind for scripting and whatnot

5. pgimps

Newcomer pgimps Advanced Member

United States
    Looks cool I can't wait for it to come out.

6. ammaralmuary

Newcomer ammaralmuary Member

Malaysia
    is the project been dropped ? just wondering , it would be nice to play as misty :)

7. pilladoll

Member pilladoll GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    Me too!

8. jimmyemunoz

Member jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Me also! :P

9. xephos
    OP

United States
    Sorry guys my SSD/flashdrive(had my back up copy) got zapped and I lost pretty much most of the project. If you guys want me to try again I will,but the amount that was lost was massive. I have been meaning to post this, but just haven't got around to it. Really sorry guys :(