Gaming Pokedex

peterg19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am looking for a Pokedex for my kids, ages 6 and 4, to run on their DS's, one with a DSTT and the other with an AceKard2. They love flipping through the characters etc. They have one of these pokedex, but I figure there must be a way to get that on their DS.

I understand one option is getting Pokemon Diamond/Pearl and use a complete sav file and that would give them a full Pokedex. There are plenty of Pokedex web sites but browsing the internet from their DS is not really the way I want to go since that appears to be too hard and error prone and the sites are not that clear on the DS, besides they do not have internet access in the car
smile.gif

Are these my best options? Is there some homebrew I missed?

Thanks.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am not aware of any homebrew pokedex for anything other than the PSP (OK there is an early stage DS one: http://elenielstorm.livejournal.com/ ) but frankly a webspider + comic book DS or similar will net you what you need for a little bit of effort. Most online pokedex type sites (the only one I knew of is presently down) have icon/small pictures and some simple text or a transcript.

peterg19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies.

The Homebrew you directed me to is cool and would be my first choice if it were ready. I'll keep my eye on it. The Diamond/Pearl method appears to be the easiest. I will also try the webcrawler idea.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
True there is a crappy homebrew available. But that is a very rushed project.
PokeDexDS on the other hand, is only a week old, but is already very, very good! Incredible graphics (we actually have one with talent) two coders (so no one-man projects) and also we have supporters and a website.
http://elenielstorm.livejournal.com/ heh...
Sorry for the rant. pokedexds.wabsta.com check it out!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Now go take a shower @BakerMan . Phew +1