Pokeball Challenge (X/Y)

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by chrisrlink, Apr 24, 2014.

1. chrisrlink
    OP

chrisrlink your friendly neighborhood serial killer

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    Elm street
    so far I caught maybe 112 Kalos region (including evolving methods) Pokemon in Pokeballs only the only code I used was x999 first item (not modifier) my secret?.....Farfetch'd+ False swipe even Yveltal fell Prey to a mere Pokeball I now am Post game and working on Mewtwo and Zygard I think thats quite a feat since I used to massively cheat in previous games including 100% catch rate has anyone filled their entire Kalos dex using only Pokeballs? I'd love to see how many people did it

2. fischermasamune

fischermasamune GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2013
    United States
    Wait... so you captured 112 Pokémon? Doesn't look like a lot to me.
    I think it's impossible to fill the Pokédex with only Pokéballs. You can't catch both Xerneas and Yveltal.

3. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008
    Yeah i also try to use pokeballs.. when i can.

but.. fuck me. I still want to play pokemon games while im young.

you need like 999 pokeballs to catch a legendary pokemon.

4. liamash3

liamash3 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2008
    Frankston
    I've managed to catch all the available pokemon from X & Y, as well as transfer pokemon from the previous Gen's to get my National Dex completed. As far as catching everything in one game goes though, it's impossible. I ended up buying X just to get Xerneus (or however you spell the X legendary).

5. MarioFanatic64

MarioFanatic64 The guy who does things

Sep 13, 2009

Why didn't you just use the GTS?

Some awesome people catch legendaries just to trade them off to other people. Just give a decent Pokemon in return.

6. liamash3

liamash3 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2008
    Frankston
    mariofanatic64
    At the time, the GTS only had legendaries being asked for in return for Xerneus, and I didn't feel like swapping them. I like to keep a living 'dex, see :)
    It all worked out well, as I got to try out what clothing and hairstyles were available for the female MC :)