Hacking Pointer Searcher

Which Wii U pointer search tool do you like best?

• This tool because it can limit RAM usage.

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • This tool because it has more features.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This tool because of another reason.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • BullyWiiPlaza's tool because it is cross-platform.

• BullyWiiPlaza's tool because it is faster.

• BullyWiiPlaza's tool because of another reason.

• This tool because it does not use Java.

• BullyWiiPlaza's tool because it uses Java.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One important part of making reliable cheat codes for the Wii U is finding pointers. BullyWiiPlaza has made a tool for this, but it can be a little tricky to use, and it uses a lot of RAM. Because of these drawbacks of his tool, I have made my own pointer searcher program.

BEHOLD: PointerSearcher 2.0

The main features of my program are:
RAM memory use can be limited at the expense of search speed.
Extremely simple GUI.
Fairly crash-proof. (Although any good programmer knows that there is NO SUCH THING as a crash-proof program. :P)
You can change the variables for each dump which helps refine the search even faster.

Attached is the compiled exe, the source code, and a simple tutorial about pointers.

I will add this to Uwizard eventually, along with a full-fledged Gecko dotNET, but this program came out so nicely that I decided to release it now. :)

Attachments

• PointerSearcher2.0.zip
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,811
Last edited by Mr. Mysterio,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you :)
I'm going to test it right away.

I don't know if I can vote either as I never got BullyWiiPlaza version to even launch.
But Thank you to both of you, it's great having users developing and sharing tools :)

edit:
It works, and it found matching pointers :)
I'll have to test more dumps to see if it's always the same position.

Thanks !

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried it too and you did a good job however you're not beating my application at all unless people have low RAM.

Also here's a crash log for you buddy :P
Code:
Log created by PointerSearcher version 1 on: 9/20/2015 9:04:16 PM
D:\Consoles\WiiU\Games\Mario Kart 8\Memory Dumps\Pointer\Music Volume\39BEADB8.bin
39BEADB8
True
39BEADB8
EText:
Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Reactions: Mr. Mysterio

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
pointer of pointer froze the application (I couldn't put it on foreground anymore)
but it was working (reading file at 250MB/s), and after a minute or so, it ended the search and displayed a lot of addresses.

It's maybe not fast compared to Bully's, but I don't mind waiting. though, I don't like program freezing (not responding while working) as I never know if it crashed or not.

anyway, I guess I found a good pointer address. When doing it with hexworkshop I stopped at the first match I found and it was not the only one :P

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've finished Pointer Searcher version 2.0! This one has a progress percentage meter, and pointer in pointer searches work much better now! I also wrote a simple guide about pointers that I included in the ZIP. Méga-Mew, hopefully this guide will help you understand more about how pointers work! :)

Yeah, same here. That's where I got the crash log from though. It might be a little bug in checking the bounds or something so he will fix it in no time.
Yep, I've fixed that bug in this version. It was a really stupid mistake. I checked if the index was LESS than 0, not greater than 0.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I never got BullyWiiPlaza version to even launch.
Try installing the latest version of Java. ;)

Attachments

• PointerSearcher2.0.zip
    33.1 KB · Views: 366

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
Nice tool :)
But we need to search for more destination addresses in more than one dump. About 99.9% of the pointers found won't work after loading another level. The more dumps we have the more reliable the results will be :)
I use 3 or 4 dumps with Bully's tool. Only using 4 dumps gave me good pointer codes for the gravity and speed codes in mk8 (at least for making them working in gp and time trail)
If this may help, the original Gecko dNET offered such a pointer seacher:
upload_2015-9-22_3-37-56.png

I don't want to criticize you. I couldn't do it better. I'm a beginner in programming right now :D

Last edited by CosmoCortney,
Reactions: Mr. Mysterio

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not quite sure what you mean. My tool does allow you to search multiple dumps. All you have to do is this:
1 - Click "Select A Dump".
2 - Set the settings.
3 - Click "Search".
Return to step 1. You may repeat this process with as many dumps as you want to refine the search! Each dump may even have different settings than the last. Click "Reset" to clear the current results.

cfoordddd

Trophies
XP
Country
after searching the pointer from my first dump i got results, kept it on and selected a new dump, change the pointer destination and clicked search, but all it did was delete the previous result and didn't perform any new search to compare on the second dump, i can keep clicking search but nothing happens. Any ideas why?

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after searching the pointer from my first dump i got results, kept it on and selected a new dump, change the pointer destination and clicked search, but all it did was delete the previous result and didn't perform any new search to compare on the second dump, i can keep clicking search but nothing happens. Any ideas why?
It actually is searching correctly, but if found no results. Perhaps you entered one or more detonation addresses wrong or you selected the wrong dump. The pointer you are attempting to find may also be a pointer to a pointer to the destination. You could also try expanding the offset bounds.

cfoordddd

Trophies
XP
Country
It actually is searching correctly, but if found no results. Perhaps you entered one or more detonation addresses wrong or you selected the wrong dump. The pointer you are attempting to find may also be a pointer to a pointer to the destination. You could also try expanding the offset bounds.
okay thanks. I tried with bully's tool anyway, with the same dumps and offset bounds and it worked.

*edit* ohkay it's weird, i think my computer have problems lol after a few more try with your tool it's working now yay :D

Last edited by cfoordddd,

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay thanks. I tried with bully's tool anyway, with the same dumps and offset bounds and it worked.

*edit* ohkay it's weird, i think my computer have problems lol after a few more try with your tool it's working now yay :D
Also in my tool, the offset bounds are in hex. I don't think they are in BullyWiiPlaza's though. What that means is that if my tool says 400, it means 0x400 which equals 1024.

Reactions: CosmoCortney

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
Well, I can't give a vote neither.
What I like about Bully's tool is that it's fast, platform independed.
Mr. Mysterio's tool is easy to use, limits the RAM usage and does not require to rename the dump file for the next search (it's really helpful to be able to give the file a meaningful name).
Both tools are awesome and I will use both of them :)

Last edited by CosmoCortney,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM