Please, Recommend a Good Tablet for Gaming and Emulation.

Which is overall better?

• Asus Memo Pad HD7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • nVidia Tegra Note 7

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haseeb_BSAA

Game Developer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hi guys , I am new in this forum but very old to gaming , so I was thinking to buy a new tablet for games especially emulation, so I will be very thankful to you if you sugguest me a good,comfortable,efficient and useful tablet in terms of gaming. Right now I have two choices , weather I buy Asus Memo Pad or nVidia Tegra note 7 ? I want to emulate psp games as well with ppsspp emulator and also some complex games.
Asus memo pad hd7 comes with 1.2 GHZ quad core processor with 1GB ram having Corex A7 and Mediatek mt8125 chip and a PowerVR SGX544 GPU.
nVidia tegra note 7 comes with 1.8 GHZ Quad core processor with 2gb ram and having Tegra 4 chip. Now please tell me which tablet is better in overall . Will both be able to run ppsspp and other emulators smoothly ? I can buy Asus M.P HD7 in 190$ and Tegra note 7 in 220$ , now what's your suggestion ? Thank you ! :-)

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tegra Note is a bit better gaming tablet, but no tablet on the market can do PSP emulation any better than an experiment at this point. The emulator/app is too buggy when it comes to PSP rendering. Even with Tegra 4, you'll still run into major buffering, black screen, and frame issues on most of the games. If you do unbuffered rendering on the app, then most devices of the last year can run most PSP games at or near 100%, but they'll be in an unplayable black screen state, and with buffered rendering you won't get the black screen, but you'll get slowdown and white and off-color glows all over the screen. You have a ton of graphical issues, assuming the game you try to emulate can even boot.

The Tegra 4 is going to get you no where in Gamecube emulation and still struggles with PSP even if it can do PSP better than most. If PSP is your reason, I do not recommend. If you can deal with the slower, but still capable Asus Memo Pad HD 7, then I reccommend you do some shopping on Ebay. You say it's $190, but I found it under $150 with free shipping: http://www.ebay.com/sch/Computers-Tablets-Networking-/58058/i.html?_from=R40&LH_ItemCondition=3&_udlo=100&_udhi=&LH_FS=1&_sop=15&LH_BIN=1&_nkw=Asus Memo Pad HD7

Even if Tegra Note is a better gaming-built tablet, you still get a better value with the Asus. The difference in user experience will not be by too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s