Please help!

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Sop, May 10, 2011.

May 10, 2011

Please help! by Sop at 9:29 AM (485 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Sop
    OP

Banned Sop groovy dude lmao

Australia
    My computer is stuck on BIOS I can'teven go into safe mode.. There wad this thing on AVG and I just kept blocking it thinking that it wasn't some sort of virus.. Stupid me, IM SO STUUPID!! grrrr

2. Buleste

Member Buleste Old Fart

United Kingdom
    Try booting from the Windows disk and repairing the windows partition.

3. Sop
    OP

Australia
    We don't have a disk..

4. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    If it's stuck on BIOS, check to make sure the Delete key isn't stuck. That's the only thing that would cause it to get stuck in BIOS.

If it's stuck in DOS (the black screen with white text) and doesn't get as far as the Windows is Loading screen, then it sounds like something is wrong with your HDD.

I can only give a range of "if" statements because you give virtually no information to help us figure out what is actually wrong.

5. Sop
    OP

Australia
    T boots into windows "checking system :C" or something like that screen for a second and the computer reboots but thats if you boot from last good configuration it doesn't even load safe mode.

6. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    That sounds like a checkdisk trying to run, which is either a sign of corruption on the drive or possible failure. The fact that it reboots a second after it either means it can't read from the drive properly (I/O error) or your motherboard is having power fluctuations.

One way to check if it's the drive at fault is to get a LiveCD with comprehensive disk checking tools. If your case is like the one I dealt with a couple months ago (overheating caused a SeaGate HDD to fail), it will basically tell you that the drive fails within 10 seconds of trying to read the data from it (PCB failure within the HDD, not mechanical). I don't have the tools on hand, so I can't suggest anything, but the more skilled users on the forums (like FAST) would probably know.

If you have no idea what I just said, the easiest fix is to take it to a service shop and ask them to test the drive.