Please help, I think I'm almost there!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by nickolai, Dec 23, 2015.

1. nickolai
    OP

nickolai Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2015
    United States
    So I have an old 3DSXL, version 7.2.0 - 12U. No flash cart, cubic ninja, or zelda. I followed this thread:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

to a "T". I've accessed rxTools and injected FBI (all the way to step 4a, I even separated the nands). But it says I should have an FBI app on the homescreen and I do not. There are now 3 black squares where gifts were before and I can't access rxTools from emunand, it just freezes when the bottom screen glitches. This is so frustrating! I've been at this for some time now and just when I thought I was done, I'm not. Someone please help, any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

2. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    FBI will be in your Health & Safety app.

You can't enter rxtools from emunand and I don't think we would have to explain why. You start out in sysnand, boot rxtools, which boots emunand with all the patches.

The black squares are something weird with rxtools, they'll be gone once you update emunand.

3. nickolai
    OP

nickolai Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2015
    United States
    I honestly don't think you could have answered any better. You explained a few things that I was still a bit confused on. Thank you, thank you. You made my day.