PlayStation Network Password Reset Page Exploited

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You get an e-mail notification each time the password is resetted. How is this a security threat?

...don't you check your e-mail every single day? Wouldn't you *notice* that you can't sign in with your normal password?

QUOTE said:
this is so fucked up
sony is going down if this keeps up

This news's older than dinosaurs and the method is no longer working anyways. The news poster just wanted to cause a stir by posting something that can't be even validated as true or false.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Awesome!
biggrin.gif

I own a PS3, and do like online gameplay.

But this is just what sony deserves!!
I hope this will happen all the time until sony says sorry, and stop suing people, publicly..
smile.gif

I really rather see sony going down for that, than online gameplay.

MrDiesel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Adr990 said:
Awesome!
biggrin.gif

I own a PS3, and do like online gameplay.

But this is just what sony deserves!!
I hope this will happen all the time until sony says sorry, and stop suing people, publicly..
smile.gif

I really rather see sony going down for that, than online gameplay.

Oh, sure, so you want the customers to experience shit like this the whole time? Nice guy you are
rolleyes.gif

Apk07

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You people read to hastily. Let me summarize this:

SONY found the a flaw in their own system.
Nowhere did it say any hacker/person actually used this "exploit." Sony simply stated it was a vulnerability, and obviously wasn't well thought out, so they took it down to rework it.

Stop blaming hackers and/or saying this is the "fourth hacking" or something. No hacking or exploiting was done. Sony caught it before any of us (or hackers) did.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Sony found the exploit before anyone else did, that's good. Even though some people are ready to say "Goodbye and fuck you" to Sony, I'd rather they stick around. I enjoy their consoles, even if I don't agree with the things they've done.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I don't know why people are getting this worked up over everything .The only thing that's bothered me was the lack of online play, which I didn't give that much of a fuck about 'cause I had a shit-load of single-player catching up to do lmao.

Even with Online back, all I play is SSFIV rofl. Anyway.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Apk07 said:
You people read to hastily. Let me summarize this:

SONY found the a flaw in their own system.
Nowhere did it say any hacker/person actually used this "exploit." Sony simply stated it was a vulnerability, and obviously wasn't well thought out, so they took it down to rework it.

Stop blaming hackers and/or saying this is the "fourth hacking" or something. No hacking or exploiting was done. Sony caught it before any of us (or hackers) did.
Maybe in 2 -5 weeks they'll tell customers that someone actually did use the exploit.

Hiz_95

Trophies
XP
Country
purechaos996 said:
Foxi4 said:
DryYoshi said:
All I can say: Sony = not safe.
Me has xbox360
smile.gif

We're all happy that you have to pay to play multi on games you've already purchased.
Because paying 60 bucks per year is too much to pay for so shit like this doesn't happen right? You get what you pay for

I guess that because the PS3 costs more than the 360 then it's better, right?

OmegaVesko

Trophies
XP
Country
BAHAHAHAHA.
HA.

Seriously Sony, not only do you have a security leak in the first place, but it takes you a week to tell people it's been compromised, and nearly a month to bring the system itself back up?

And now THIS?

I wonder why they're even trying anymore.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ