Homebrew Playing ROMS From An SD

alejolink11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if there is a way to play wii roms on the wii itself that are in an SD card.
I am not so sure about hacking my wii. So if there are possibilities not involving hacking those
would be great. But overall I would like to know all options. :/ Thank you.

Smogen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is possible to run retail Wii games from an SD card. You just have to get the proper loader (I think you can with Neogamma).

It honestly seems like you are extremely new to the Wii modding scene and I would suggest you go to this thread:

http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-2-below

If you follow this guide to the word you should be able to get your Wii hacked no problem. I do however recommend you read the "CompleteSoftmodGuide" that is linked within that guide because you will learn a lot about Wii modding.

alejolink11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you eberyone. can someone redirect me to some info about a usb loader? i mean i saw the one up there but i want more info.

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to hack your wii to do this and it is kind of confusing but people on this website are very helpful and their are guides. It takes a long time to download wii games though. If i were you and serious about playing up "backed up" wii games i would either burn them to dvd-r and using a backup loader or using configurable usb loader which lets you play games off by plugging in an external hard drive into the usb port in the back of the wii. (both of these requires hacking)

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
tatripp said:
It takes a long time to download wii games though. If i were you and serious about playing up "backed up" wii games i would either burn them to dvd-r and using a backup loader or using configurable usb loader which lets you play games off by plugging in an external hard drive into the usb port in the back of the wii. (both of these requires hacking)
nonsense takes an hour for me and all you have to do is install wans cios rev17 (at least) and a usb loader and your good to go. if you've never hacked your wii use banner bomb and install the hbc and wad manager it's EASY. use this guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171...t=0&start=0
if you need a tutorial on how to install wii ISO onto a hdd check my youtube page. over 100,000 views so it must be good
tongue.gif

DunkrWunkah

GBAtemp's Official Dunkr
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
tatripp said:
It takes a long time to download wii games though. If i were you and serious about playing up "backed up" wii games i would either burn them to dvd-r and using a backup loader or using configurable usb loader which lets you play games off by plugging in an external hard drive into the usb port in the back of the wii. (both of these requires hacking)
nonsense takes an hour for me and all you have to do is install wans cios rev17 (at least) and a usb loader and your good to go. if you've never hacked your wii use banner bomb and install the hbc and wad manager it's EASY. use this guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171...t=0&start=0
if you need a tutorial on how to install wii ISO onto a hdd check my youtube page. over 100,000 views so it must be good
tongue.gif

There's always a bunch of parts if you ddl. Torrents arent safe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo