Hacking Playing game backups questions

newgen2005

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am in the process of installing CFW on my Switch (Atmosphere). I have a 64gb micro sd card formatted in fat32. I have some backup games in xci format, some exceed the 4gb limitation on fat32. Do the xci files need to be split?

Can anyone point me in the right direction for some sort of guide how to get them running?

Last edited by newgen2005,

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Yes, you can split them. Why you want to install .xci instead of .nsp? With Goldtree you can install over usb and don't need to split them.

newgen2005

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, you can split them. Why you want to install .xci instead of .nsp? With Goldtree you can install over usb and don't need to split them.

I am pretty new to this so please forgive the silly questions. The backups I have a in .xci format, can I convert these or would it be easier to just get .nsp files?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I am pretty new to this so please forgive the silly questions. The backups I have a in .xci format, can I convert these or would it be easier to just get .nsp files?
Yes, you can convert them but you don't need to. Try to install them. If one .xci doesn't work, get the .nsp version instead.

newgen2005

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For anyone trying to figure out how to install games on their Switch. You need to use the prod.keys file you dumped when you backed up your Switch (the keys are needed as they need to be writen to xci, nsp files. You also need to download the signature files (available on this forum) and put them in the folder Atmosphere folder on your SD.

Just want to point people in the right direction.

I will add to this as soon as I get chance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up