playing dvd on my softmod wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by lucas_123, Feb 11, 2010.

1. lucas_123
    OP

lucas_123 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2010
    United States
    nova scotia
    hello i have got everything going good , backups , usb loader and wiiflow just wondering y of what i have to do to get my dvds to play? everything works fine but that part? is it possible? and maybe even a disc loader?

2. Krestent

Krestent What to post?

Mar 31, 2009
    United States
    Get mplayer CE

3. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    if your wii has the new D3-2 chipset it can't play dvd's.

can you play backup games off of disk? if so, then you don't have the new drive.

make sure u install IOS202, the installer is on the mplayer_ce wiibrew page

Posts merged

if u want a disk loader, check out the neogamma automod in my signature

4. lucas_123
    OP

lucas_123 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2010
    United States
    nova scotia
    where do i find the mplayer_ce wiibrew page??

5. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
  6. XFlak

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    lucus, its the first thing that pops up when you google "mplayer_ce wiibrew"... SEE HERE

I'm more than willing to help those who help themselves... if u can't google something as simple as that... i dunno... but choose your next words carefully cuz i'm feeling a flame fest coming on!!!!

@WiiBricker, i know u want to help, but maybe u should show people like lucus some tough love, and force them to google it (if it was a REAL question that's different... what kind of a question is "where do i find the mplayer_ce wiibrew page??"... the sheer stupidity of that question just pisses me off! Just F'ing laziness! Just a suggestion, but do w/e u want, u did nothing wrong.

7. lucas_123
    OP

lucas_123 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2010
    United States
    nova scotia
    ok i got the dvd to play threw the homebrew but wont load threw the neogamma auto boot or neogamma itself is there a disc ch for the media player ce?

8. XFlak

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    u need cios249 (rev17 recommended) for it to work, if you are on cios249 rev 15 or rev 16 neogamma will not work

there's a mediaplayer_ce and a neogamma automod channel in the link from my signature

9. Krestent

Krestent What to post?

Mar 31, 2009
    United States
    He's asking for an mplayer CE channel, not a neogamma channel

10. XFlak

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    thx for the correction, there's an mplayer_ce forwarder channel in the link in my signature....

@OP, were u trying to play video dvd's through neogamma channel? U said u got the dvd to play via homebrew but not neogamma.... r u talking about a game? a movie? and when u say homebrew do u mean mplayer_ce? put a little thought into how u ask for help... don't make people ask you for clarification... help us help you

11. Blue-K

Blue-K No right of appeal.

Jun 21, 2008
    Swaziland
    Helvetica
    Btw, if you're talking about a DVD-Movie: Don't forget that the success rate is sh*t, many (and realy many, nearly all) DVDs won't work. It's a gimmick to play with, and not more. If you want to watch DVDs, get a DVD-Player instead.