Playing compressed files

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by bluebowser31, Sep 23, 2010.

Sep 23, 2010
  1. bluebowser31
    OP

Member bluebowser31 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is there an emulator (or acekard 2i compatable firmware) that alows you to play .NDS files from a compressed folder, like a 7z, zip, or rar?

*Also, what is the most current, or still best, NDS trimmer? I use NDSTokyotrim, but idk if theres a better one, considering its 2 years old*

Thanks in advance, tried google and search [​IMG]

@Below: thank you, exactly what i was looking for (and about trimmer, it just seems like there would be new problems from nintendo after 2 years, but i guess not)

2. Crass

Member Crass Rock me Dr. Zaius

United States
    AFAIK loading from a .zip is not possible on the DS. You will get a similar amount of saved file space if you just trim your roms. The current version of tokyo trim, despite its age, works perfectly fine. Are you having problems with your trimmed games? If not, why do you need a new trimmer?

3. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    There aren't any flashcarts that play compressed games.

4. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    Well, it's not like the trimmer does something that requires a per rom sort of update...it's just removing the junk that is packed in to bring the game size to a standard size IIRC.