Playing compressed files

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by bluebowser31, Sep 23, 2010.

1. bluebowser31
    OP

bluebowser31 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    Is there an emulator (or acekard 2i compatable firmware) that alows you to play .NDS files from a compressed folder, like a 7z, zip, or rar?

*Also, what is the most current, or still best, NDS trimmer? I use NDSTokyotrim, but idk if theres a better one, considering its 2 years old*

Thanks in advance, tried google and search [​IMG]

@Below: thank you, exactly what i was looking for (and about trimmer, it just seems like there would be new problems from nintendo after 2 years, but i guess not)

2. Crass

Crass Rock me Dr. Zaius

Nov 3, 2006
    United States
    Oregon
    AFAIK loading from a .zip is not possible on the DS. You will get a similar amount of saved file space if you just trim your roms. The current version of tokyo trim, despite its age, works perfectly fine. Are you having problems with your trimmed games? If not, why do you need a new trimmer?

3. Masked Ranger

Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 24, 2009
    There aren't any flashcarts that play compressed games.

4. jurassicplayer

jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland
    Well, it's not like the trimmer does something that requires a per rom sort of update...it's just removing the junk that is packed in to bring the game size to a standard size IIRC.