Hacking Playing backups ....

DDave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys if i install the gamma backup launcher, can i be connected to wifi as well, or would i be caught / have my wii banned or something ?

thanks

DDave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
* Dont worry, searched it.

Thanks
smile.gif

Snowknight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ideally, you should only be playing backups of games you own, but I cannot conceive of how Nintendo might "ban" your Wii during establishment of a wireless connection. Nintendo's service model is highly different than, say, Xbox LIVE, where such a task is certainly possible as demonstrated at multiple times.

Joey R.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DDave said:
These are backup games of my own .... but how do Wii makers know ?

No, what Snowknight meant is that you shouldn't play backups of games you don't know, aka downloading games. Don't worry, Nintendo will not ban you or anything if you play games you downloaded xD You can even get updates for certain games (like VC or WiiWare games), even if they were downloaded.

Snowknight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
These are backup games of my own .... but how do Wii makers know ?

If Nintendo possessed some method to determine authentic backups from, for example, downloaded copies or, even, a method to distinguish between backups and legitimate copies, which, I might add, Nintendo has opposed in the past ("there is no need for 'backup' or 'archival' copies" as I remember plastered inside certain instruction booklets), they would also obviously possess a method for determining a game's legitimacy as well. We have not seen this demonstrated through the operation of backups and accompanying loaders at this time. Indeed, one might argue that they accomplish this through DVD encryption/signing as it is; backup copies require a loader application of some sort and will not run from the standard disc channel. I would argue that such a verification system would be somewhat difficult to implement given Nintendo's current strategy; it may not be worth the effort for them.

QUOTEOh ok, and i can still play original disks too?

Yes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work