Plailect Guide Dsiware Downgrade

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by steffxxx, Nov 25, 2016.

1. steffxxx
    OP

steffxxx Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2015
    Quick question about Section III - steelhax
    https://plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade

I have done it all up to 15 step but not 16-20, I thought they are the same steps and it seems you have to duplicate the making of the steelhax exploit ?! As I said I have done it up to 15, skipped sectin iv as the other 3ds is on 11.2.0 then went to do the system transfer. Now the other 3ds does not recognise the SD card (tried both source sd card and target sd card and says ""cannot display the software on the sd card. the sd card cannot be accessed". the SD cards work ok on the first source 3ds. on the target 3ds I only have legends of exidia, I can access the hax through loading of the save but it says "failed to load nds" even though the boot.nds is on the root of the sd card
    anything I can do or I need to do steps 16-20 on source 3ds and do the system transfer again after 7 days?

2. steffxxx
    OP

steffxxx Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2015
    section vii and viii worked fine on the target 3ds
    but I don't have homebrew launcher for section ix or can I start it somehow using legends of exidia?

3. clancy94

clancy94 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 18, 2008
    You should be able to place the source 3ds sd card in the target 3ds and the steelhax game will be on the homescreen. If that doesnt work you'll have to use another method to enter the Homebrew launcher, the easiest being Ocarina of Time hax, but requires the game cart

4. steffxxx
    OP

steffxxx Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2015
    the course SD gives the error in the target 3ds: cannot display the software on the sd card. the sd card cannot be accessed
    no idea what is wrong, works fine in source 3ds

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I can use now the source SD and can access homebrew launcher through diver game :lol:

5. clancy94

clancy94 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 18, 2008
    You're in! :) Glad to be of help. Make sure you made a backup of your source 3ds sd card, and then copy that back onto that one. Then just restore your hourglass9 nand.bin backup, and you'll be sweet until you have to transfer back in 7 days.

6. steffxxx
    OP

steffxxx Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2015
    I am on 9.2 now and following the guide to install arm9loaderhax and upgrade back to 11.2
    I am unclear on the transfer back after 7 days ?! why or what do I achieve? the 2nd 3ds is not mine and is linked to my nnid but not sure what this system transfer back achieves?

7. clancy94

clancy94 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 18, 2008
    Basically unless you transfer back, the source 3ds wont have a functioning NNID so whoever's 3ds that is wont be able to use the eshop and other online services :(

8. steffxxx
    OP

steffxxx Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2015
    but if I transfer back, will the 2nd 3ds be "safe"/remain hacked?

9. clancy94

clancy94 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 18, 2008
    Yep both are remained hacked. You just have to log out of the NNID on the 2nd 3ds, make a hourglass9 backup (nand.bin), log back in, transfer to the 1st 3ds & then restore the hourglass9 backup you just made.
    Even if you dont make a hourglass9 backup you can just do the last half page of plailect's guide and it'll be rehacked (had to do this for myself because i forgot to logout when i made my hourglass9 backup).

steffxxx likes this.
  10. steffxxx
    OP

steffxxx Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2015
    thanks

11. clancy94

clancy94 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 18, 2008
    No problem, just ask away if you have anymore questions :)

12. nightbreed813

nightbreed813 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2009
    United States
    United States
    So on the guide if you don't have a hard mod you only get one chance to downgrade? I saw that it said you can get a soft brick. What can you do to continue from there or what can you do to prevent it?

13. steffxxx
    OP

steffxxx Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2015
    no idea but I had no problems myself. I completed the transfer, downgrade and upgrade - will transfer back in 7 days to remove my nnid from the 2nd 3ds

clancy94 likes this.
  14. nightbreed813

nightbreed813 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2009
    United States
    United States
    Just wanted to be prepared if I did get a soft brick. Thanks