Pinball?

Rangent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone... I'm actually a bit perplexed on the Pinball idea. Recently I was messing around in my program menu and found my good old "Pinball" game in my games folder (3D Pinball for Windows - Space Cadet... see? Right there... I went to look at the title and got sucked into another addicting game!). I played 4 or 5 rounds and realized how much I miss a good pinball game. I haven't played a good one in a long time besides this one, and was wondering if anyone out there had any ideas on what I could/should play? I miss the old "Epic Pinball" days. I researched a bit around and realized that there haven't been many pinball games even made in the past 4-6 years, the ones worth playing anyway. Does anyone have any ideas of games I should play? Even better, is anyone playing any good pinball games they think I should play?

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loved Epic Pinball soooo much!

I thought the first Pokemon Pinball was pretty cool, but maybe that was just me...

In the meantime maybe you could try out some Windows Pinball cheats and hacks?
wink.gif

Rangent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha I liked Epic Pinball.

I don't know too many but I like Pro Pinball: Big Race USA.
I actually tried out Big Race USA, but couldn't get it to work actually. Even under windows 95 compatability settings, I couldn't get it to work for some reason. There was about a 1/2 second delay between the time you pressed the flipper button, to the time it actually flipped... enoughrope... you try it recently?

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
First of all, go here v for hours of creamy nostalgic wonderfulness (if you're over 30 or so anyway..)
The Internet Pinball Machine Database
(Black Knight - Gor Gar - Captain Fantastic - Fireball... They're all there!)

Secondly, anybody know of a pinball construstion set type game available and playable on current hardware? (pc, console, whatever)

Thirdly, as far as best handheld pinball goes...
Devil's Crush (NEC Turbo Express)
Metroid Pinball (DS)
Pokemon Pinball (GBC - GBA)
Pinball of the Dead (GBA)
Revenge of the Gator (GB)

enoughrope

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes... I tried it on Win XP but I get the same problem as you do. I used to play it on Win 98, and I had the same problem, but occasionally it was still playable. Maybe it's only the demo-version that is full of bugs.

Super Mario Ball on GBA is pretty good

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Meh, Pinball Dreams = the best pinball game ever.
(And of course, Pinball Dreams 2.
And Pinball Fantasies.
And Pinball illusions.)

Jeda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Pro Pinball - Timeshock is the best of four Pro Pinball tables in my eyes. But as mentioned all of them seem to have serious problems on newer hardware. It's true for both the full and the demo version, legal or pirated, patched or left alone. What a shame...

Revenge of the Gator (GB)

wub.gif
this was the second game I bought (or... got as a present) right after mario land. Even today I remember standing in that toyshop with my aunt, having a hard time deciding between this one and gargoyle's quest. I ended owning both half a year later. So I guess I second mthrnite on that one.

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Secondly, anybody know of a pinball construstion set type game available and playable on current hardware? (pc, console, whatever)
Oh boy, have I got something for you: Future Pinball.

There's an editor and a player. You can download lots of pinball tables from the Internet and play them. I like it very much!

Editor:
fpinballeditorhw3.png

Screen:
scifibumpersspb2.jpg
(Doesn't do it real justice, you should try it)

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.