Hacking PFBA or retroarch for best vita arcade experience

shunki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheers, I am finally wrapping up my selection of ROMS for the Vita; and mostly they are arcade. I have downloaded different romsets although I have no clue about which ones are the best core for retroarch, so I downloaded different sets (got 0.161, 37b5b, 0.184 and 0.202); loaded them all in retroarch; but there is a lot of duplicates of course, and some does not run.

Then I discovered PFBA; and got the latest version; tried it with some romsets from mame and the games seems to work; I was concerned that FBA would require a FBA rompack, but it seems that it works fine with mame romsets too. After all I don't need all thousands of games, but just a handful (100 or so).

At this point I have both retroarch and PFBA; and while retroarch works most of the time, some games do not work; while of PFBA I like the UI and sleek presentation; although some games perform quite poorly compared to retroarch; so I am trying to figure out what is the best way to experience arcade games on the Vita, between retroarch and PFBA

Which one offer the largest compatibility with the best performances? and is there a way to get specific games for either the PFBA or retroarch, instead of getting the whole romset? Thanks

RAD047

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone does reply this in 2022 because I'm wondering the same thing. I know if Crazy Mac for vita but I don't want tons of gigabytes of games I won't play. Just want a select few Capcom and neo Geo arcade games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1