1. frankadank

frankadank Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Can someone explain benefit of using FBA over Retroarch?

2. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Laos
    more reliable
    noob friendly
    nicer interface
    no messing with cores,just click & play

edit:
    also i have noticed some games that have display issues like vertical games & games like Galaga,play perfectly on PFBA,Retroarch is only good for games that PFBA does not support like Atari,PS1..etc

Last edited by satel, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Zerofriefox

Zerofriefox Newbie
    Newcomer

Taiwan

what do u mean by skin? i have the previews and videos. is that what u mean? anyways i find the videos on the pfba github[/QUOTE]

Attached Files:

Last edited by Zerofriefox, May 5, 2020
    Lineacero likes this.
  4. Winklepicker

Winklepicker Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I have noticed a some bugs, the problem with some games on the gameslist as displaying incorrectly.

The "rom names" for "1942" "1943" are showing up on the games list as "NES 1942". and "NES 1943".

Its the same with games such as commando, gyruss etc. Normally they would show as "commando" and "contra" etc. But they are showing as "NES COMMANDO" and NES CONTRA"

Also arcade game "shinobi" is showing as "GG SHINOBI" and the arcade game "street fighter 2 - world warrior" is showing as " street fighter 2 special champion edition" megadrive game.

Also would be possible for an option for display the game details/trivia fully? You can only read so far atm, as the text cuts off.

Still missing that "service button" to change difficulty :(

Lineacero and mimmo20 like this.
  5. Lineacero

Lineacero GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    @cpasjuste Nintendo NES: "nes" can you already add the nintendo roms to version 4.3? Thanks for the friend emulator.

:hrth::toot::grog::yay::grog::toot::hrth:

6. xbmcuser

xbmcuser GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Has anyone got ZX spectrum games working ?

Lineacero likes this.
  7. yonasz

yonasz Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    Has anyone got driver init failed with violent storm ? Sxos 2.9.5 fw 10.1

Lineacero likes this.
  8. cdesign

cdesign GBAtemp Regular

France
    hi @cpasjuste What nes pack(s) do i have to take to be sure to be all green? thanks

Lineacero likes this.
  9. Winklepicker

Winklepicker Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I get that problem aswell, also on the "street fighter 3" games and some "cps2" aswell as afew other games its gives me that error.

It could be due to the memory issue as we're on SXOS? I wish SXOS had an option from thier menu to enable full ram acess if thats the case.

Lineacero likes this.
  10. yonasz

yonasz Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    I found solution to get full ram Access. Keep holding r and lunch any nsp after profile selection you will be redirected to HB menu start fba with full ram Access. Violent Storm working now.. M

Lineacero likes this.
  11. Max76_AUT

Max76_AUT Newbie
    Newcomer

Austria

Hi,

can anyone please exactly explain how that works? When using FBA on PC and changing the settings a new ini- and nv-file will be created. The zipped rom itself does not get a „new“ save date when checking it in the Windows-Explorer so i doubt there will be any change on the ROM. On PFBA i can‘t find these ini- or nv-files...

What is meant by „the PC MAME“? The MAME-Emulator for Windows? But there is more than one version and as far as i know every version needs its own ROM-set. So how should a change of options there than work on the Vita in PFBA?

I registered here today to contact the two guys (@Lineacero and @Shaneus) who were talking about that specified matter personally but as a new user personal messages are permitted :wink:

Maybe one of the other members could help and contact these two personally informing them to get back to this thread answer concerning my question :)

Thank you.

Last edited by Max76_AUT, Apr 27, 2020
    Lineacero likes this.
  12. Faxtron

Faxtron Newbie
    Newcomer

Puerto Rico
    I have this problem when the pfba start and the whole list of games loads its stays in red and it does not allow me to use the joycons to be able with the combination of buttons enter to the menu to scan my list of games. I cannot enter the menu and I cannot navigate the menu either.

I am on firmware 9.2, switch card with exFAT format and I use the pfba with atmosphere, someone knows how I can solve this problem. ???

Lineacero likes this.
  13. Lineacero

Spain
    Good companions, how are you? Someone would know to tell me where to download the Nintendo NES roms pack: mixrbv2, video, to match the images and videos with the same roms ???. Thank you.:hrth::grog::yay::toot::grog::hrth:

14. test0000

test0000 Member
    Newcomer

Switzerland
    It available on pFBA readme page:
    https://github.com/Cpasjuste/pemu/blob/master/pfba/README.MD

But keep in mind that pfba 4.3 does not support NES for now (readme is incorrect)

For NES games, you have to use pNES 3.4 with hid_fix for Atmosphère

Lineacero likes this.
  15. Lineacero

Spain

I'm just looking for the Nintendo NES Roms pack ,,,, to match the Pack of images and videos of this emulator.

16. test0000

test0000 Member
    Newcomer

Switzerland
    Ah ok I misunderstood your question.
    I do not know where those can be found.
    NES support is rather new for that core emulator, so the ROM packs might not be spread across the web.
    Taking into account that you should look for NES and NES FDS packs for a complete collection.

Lineacero likes this.
  17. cpasjuste

OP cpasjuste GBAtemp Maniac

France
    Hi, finally, a new pFBA release: https://github.com/Cpasjuste/pemu/releases/

• pnes: update for latest pemu changes
    • pfbn: add nes console support
    • pfbn: update fbneo core to commit 89f2b6d
    • all: add "big_preview" skin
    • all: romlist: fix lower/upper cases sorting
    • all: romlist: don't filter on file extension, show any files in roms folder
    • all: load previews from default folders even if the game do not exist in database ("media/mixrbv2/.png", "media/video/.mp4")
    • all: add "no preview" image when no preview found
    • all: add a few effects to preview images/videos
    • all: further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

Ninn, ber71, Zerofriefox and 11 others like this.
  18. Lineacero

Spain
    Good morning gentlemen. I am sure we are all very happy / happy, because of the wonderful update of the great @cpasjuste ,, I think and honestly believe that a great beer deserves a reward from all of us ,,, I support @cpasjuste and you support it?:hrth::toot::grog::yay::grog::toot::hrth:

Titi11 and cpasjuste like this.
  19. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Laos
    looking at how the images are named i think you will need to rename your roms

20. RaoTheConqueror

Newcomer

United States
    I was having the same issue as well. Holy *&@! thats gonna suck renaming all those. Copy/pasting all day it seems unless I am missing some easier method .

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - final, alpha,