PCSX2 will now automatically apply hardware fixes to games

pcsx2logo_Nanxo.png

Former DuckStation developer Stenzek is on a roll adding features to PlayStation 2 emulator PCSX2. After adding a Vulkan renderer in January and texture dumping/replacement support last month, Stenzek has now made it so that PCSX2 will automatically apply the correct settings to a game for the optimal experience. Since emulation can be finicky, sometimes tweaks are needed to make a game run correctly. Up until now, users would have to look up the fixes on the PCSX2 wiki and apply them manually; now, those settings will be stored in PCSX2's GameDatabase and be applied automatically when launching a game.

Stenzek has updated settings for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and both God of War games, but says the rest of the settings will need to be filled in by the community. It's worth noting that while the GameDB is community-supported, pull requests still need to be approved by the PCSX2 team on GitHub, meaning that fixes will be verified and tested before being applied automatically. This also means that PCSX2 will not download the best setting for a game; they will be pre-packaged along with the app in the new nightly builds, so if your game isn't running correctly, you may need to check the new nightly builds to see if someone has updated the GameDB with the correct settings for your game.

Originally posted as a pull request nine days ago, this feature has just been merged into development build v1.7.2436.

:arrow: Source

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Dafuq, have you been living under a rock? PCSX2, the PS2 emulator has been in active development since 2002, but a majority of games have been playable on it since 2010. Not sure if you heard, but there's a new and competent PS2 emulator for Android called AetherSX2 which has had an initial beta release this past Dec from what I recall.

I don't normally reply back to people who start their offended replies with insulting a person completely because their not online like no lives 24/7 checking for everything that is the latest - but this time I will, please *learn* that people aren't always gonna be informed on about things you like - not the end of the world if someone doesn't know such unimportant things.

So goodbye now.

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't normally reply back to people who start their offended replies with insulting a person completely because their not online like no lives 24/7 checking for everything that is the latest - but this time I will, please *learn* that people aren't always gonna be informed on about things you like - not the end of the world if someone doesn't know such unimportant things.

So goodbye now.
Sounds like a personal problem. No need to be in your feelings 🙄😒🤦🏽‍♂🤷🏽‍♂... Goodbye ✌🏽

• Haha
Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

MattyKun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This came out much faster than I was expecting, this is a great addition to the emulator and curious to see if other emulators like RPCS3 will incorporate a similar feature in the future.

Zeze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This came out much faster than I was expecting, this is a great addition to the emulator and curious to see if other emulators like RPCS3 will incorporate a similar feature in the future.
Does RPCS3 need lots of game specific settings? I don't emulate a lot of PS3 (yet).

PCSX2 is quite unique in that department because of the problems that arise with upscaling PS2 games.

MattyKun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does RPCS3 need lots of game specific settings? I don't emulate a lot of PS3 (yet).

PCSX2 is quite unique in that department because of the problems that arise with upscaling PS2 games.

I've only played two games on RPCS3 and this was awhile back so it might have changed by now, but the two games I did play required specific settings to stop some visual bugs / crashes.

Asura's Wrath was one of them, had black flickering issues and some other minor graphical bugs until I followed a random post I found online about it.

Second game was Sly 4, I didn't play it all the way through but to get the game to run somewhat decently and fix a few graphical errors, I had to mess with some settings that I also found online.

Keep in mind this was 1-2 years ago, so things have most likely improved.

Reactions: Zeze

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol