Patchmii Core install

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by chevellelv, Jan 18, 2009.

Jan 18, 2009

Patchmii Core install by chevellelv at 2:34 AM (2,461 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. chevellelv
    OP

Newcomer chevellelv Newbie

United States
    I'm new to wii hacking. I originally had 3.4U firmware but I downgraded it to 3.2U. I have installed DVDx, mplayer and some emulators. I just installed the wii channel updater. It says its based off of patchmii. I do not have that installed. When I load the updater the screen goes black and sits there forever and I have to restart to the wii. I can't find any instructions on how to install the patchmii or if I need to install it. Any help would be appreciated.

2. hans0l0

Newcomer hans0l0 Member

United States
    patchmii uses wii to get the ioses from ninty, before it patches them. are you wified? and is there any error message or only the black screen?

the wii channel updater should have everything included in the .dol, you do not need to install patchmii. patchmii, is a tool created by teamtwizzers IIRC, its open source and many homebrewers use it to patch nintendo code for use with homebrew.

han

3. chevellelv
    OP

United States
    yes, I am connected to the internet. There is no error message or anything thye screen just goes black. Maybe I should try it again and let it sit a little longer and see that works. Thanks for your help.

4. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Try an alternate launching method.

5. pelago

Member pelago Member

United Kingdom
    Try unplugging any GC memory cards and controllers.

6. chevellelv
    OP

United States
    I got it working. I had the old version so I downloaded the new version and it worked.Thanks for your help everyone