Partial Downgrade N3DS 9.8 - 9.2 - HELP

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by cherup, Oct 8, 2016.

1. cherup
    OP

cherup Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Hi, I have bought a new 3DS XL with Firmware 9.8. As I want to use the Gateway Modul I tried to downgrade it to the 9.2 version (EU Version).
    I was using the Gateway Time Machine for the downgrade (probably not the best idea).

After the downgrade the device is booting and showing 9.2 Firmware - but Gateway Laucher alsways ends in a black screen.

After some more investigations it seems that my downgrade was not completed which is also shown in the result of downgrade check:

So I have identified the missing CIA Files and placed them into the 'update' folder og my SD card.
    I have installed PlaiSysUpdater to run downgrade with the missing CIA files again.

Bit once I start downgrade the 3DS end in an error screen (An error has occured...) and I have to reboot. Luckily the 3DS is still working, but now I do not know how to proceed here best.

Hopefully someone can give me some good tips, how to deal in this situation...

2. TechyTurtle

TechyTurtle GBAtemp Regular

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    MY ASS!
    Just downgrade again to 9.2 it wontbdamgae anything but just running the downgraded again got rid of frankfirmware

3. cherup
    OP

cherup Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Well - I has downgrade again will all CIA files using PlaiSysUpdater and you are right - now it works!!! I had a little pain doing this - but everything works.
    So thanks a lot!