paper trick? how do I do this?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Langin, Jan 9, 2010.

Jan 9, 2010

paper trick? how do I do this? by Langin at 3:11 PM (1,857 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Langin
    OP

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    well I was searching and I found something about the papertrick and I want to know:

how can I do this?
    what do I need?

can it be a n00b friendly guide?

2. XWolf

Member XWolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Easy!

Just click the handy SEARCH button at the top of the forum. See it? Yes. Well do a SEARCH then!!!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

--- OK, OK, Being a bit harsh...

Basically make your card a bit thicker by adding paper to it.

Some people add paper to one side of the Acekard itself, I have a piece inside my card slot as my issue seems to be the microSD to Acekard contact.

3. Langin
    OP

Netherlands
    well I did use the search button but I am to lazy to read all those posts you know I use the search button, I know how to use it etc. but thanks!

4. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Basically, you want to use the paper to add thickness to the side away from the contacts.
    What this will do is make a tighter connection. For example, you put a piece of paper (`) at the top of the NDS slot (]) when you put the game (|) in.
    Normally a game in the slot would look like: ]|
    But when you add the paper, it will look like: ]'/ (Obviously the cart angle is exaggerated a bit)

You want a square of paper, about as wide and tall as the slot.
    Start with 1 thickness of paper, sticking out the top of the slot and see if it works.
    If it deosn't work, or doesn't work consistently, fold it in half ONE way and try again.
    Then try folded in 3rds (3 thickness), then do 4ths (4 thickness).
    Keep increasing the thickness by one each time til it works consistently but be careful not to go too thick.

5. bach3609

Member bach3609 GBAtemp Fan

Vietnam
    Its really annoying after so many posts you keep saying to use the search button. What if there were no results on searching? A forum is for answers and info, im pretty sure that if there was no info found in search that someone would make a thread.

EDIT: Ok, I did a search on it, and it does come up with results on the paper trick. The problem is none of them show you exactly what to do, which is what the TS is trying to see how.

6. XWolf

United Kingdom
    I freely admit I do keep mentioning the search button, however I feel it justified as 80% of new threads are due to people not using it.

Another example is the thread asking about fake Acekards; there is even a sticky, yet they started a new thread!

As you say, it is mentioned - and explained - following a search. OK, so it isn't set as a separate set of specific instructions, however most people have worked it out from what there is - hence there is no sticky or similar threads.

Anyway, as per my original post, I did contribute an actual answer as opposed to just my generic response.

7. Langin
    OP

Netherlands
    I did ask in the tread itself! [​IMG]

8. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
  9. XWolf

United Kingdom