otp.bin help!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Regnum, May 14, 2017.

1. Regnum
    OP

Regnum Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2016
    Canada
    A few months ago, I installed CFW on two 3DS systems and backed up each of their otp.bin. Recently, one of the system's SD card corrupted and I lost everything. I was able to recover most of it. But now I'm having trouble recovering the otp.bin. I have two and I don't know which one goes with which 3DS, is there a way I could tell which otp.bin is for which 3DS?

2. GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2009
    well firstly you should have kept secure backups of your OTP.bins, on your pc and preferably online on some service like google drive, pretty sure the guide mentions this.
    and secondly, no there is no way to tell without going through the process of going back to 2.1 again.

but thirdly you should not need them again since your systems are already a9lh hacked yes? so don't screw up anything else from this point on and you'll be fine, lol.

3. queendude

queendude GBAtemp Regular

May 8, 2017
    Germany
    It's really easy to tell. If you install the wrong otp.bin youll brick, if you install the right one nothing will happen. Simple.

StarTrekVoyager likes this.
  4. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko 3DS Hardmoder

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I know, that this is if topic, but I put homebrew a9lh and luma on friends old3ds, but it never generated opt.bin file. When I have done it on mine, it generated it. What am I supposed to do?

5. Regnum
    OP

Regnum Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2016
    Canada
    is it possible to reverse the brick, if i pick the wrong one?

6. Aluminite

Aluminite Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2016
    United States
    Supposedly, if you have a NAND backup.
    ...and a hardmod.

7. Regnum
    OP

Regnum Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2016
    Canada
    I have NAND Backups, but i don't have a hardmod. Would i still be able to?

8. Aluminite

Aluminite Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2016
    United States
    If you need the otp.bin so badly, just dump it again and avoid the risk of bricks.

9. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    You don't need your OTP anymore. Seriously, it's only useful for installing A9LH. Once you've installed A9LH it's suggested to back up, but you really don't have to.

Wojton likes this.