Gaming Origin checking files

Digeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys. I'll cut to the chase. As most probably know, the battlefield 3 beta was recently released on all platforms. To get it to the pc however you need to download it through ea's "steam wannabe" program origin. What i've heard and read about the license agreement though is that ea pretty much can go in and check the validity of all your games, and if their cdkeys are real or not etc and save that information. And having ea looking into my personal files makes me a little bit weary to say the least. Anywho's, i was just wondering if this is anything you've guys heard/know anything about? Is this something new to ea's origin or does steam also have a similar kind of license agreement thingie??

Edit: (oh and by "personal files" i mean like checking other games on my computer)

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I honestly wouldn't worry about anything.

Steam also reserves the right to collect different forms of 'information' when using related services and products as stated in its privacy policy. So it's no surprise that Origin would also adopt a similar policy (especially when it comes to products purchased through that service).

If what you're concerned of is games you may have pirated, it should be fine as long as they don't run through Origin. If you want to be extra careful, just keep Origin closed when running said games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: