Darky112

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,

I have on my Switch the FW8.1, now I got after boot only an orange Screen.
I haven't hacked the switch befor. The Switch was alway on OFW.

I can boot in RCM, I tried to load the SX pyload and it works.

Can I restore my switch somehow?
(I think the FW is broken)

Thank you

D

Deleted User

try to enter horizons maintenance mode (Shut down the switch.Hold down the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons. Then, press the Power button. Then Reset the console see if it works or update, i don't know that much about it maybe ask someone who knows his/her way around the switch hardware.

Last edited by ,

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you think it's a fw problem you can boot a cfw and use homebrew nxch. to update to whatever fw you want. That will install whatever fw you want(it must match your burnt fuses to boot ofw)

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How can i check the fw version with hekate? i have 5 burnt fuses, but do not know the system version because it boots to an orange screen.

RocaBOT

Yo best puppy (but automated 🙃)
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hate to bring it, but orange screens on bootup for the switch mean bad hardware failure, you will need the console repaired in order to have it work again (or work consistently, in the rare case of an orange screen on bootup that would not always happen).

Orange coloured screen usually falls in the "exception vectors" of secure monitor level failures, which should only happen when some part of the critical hardware completely fails to initialise during boot :(

USUKDecks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed with @RocaBOT , I deal with consoles and various electronics and an orange screen MOST of the time is a hardware thing and there is nothing you can do to fix it except send it for repairs there is no fix, that is if booting into recovery or whatever doesn't work then yeah, its done.

tnt2005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
any idea on where the issue might be? i dont want to send it to nin and they replace the motherboard, mine is unpatched

RocaBOT

Yo best puppy (but automated 🙃)
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's no way for someone wihout tools and knowledge to pinpoint the source of an issue like that. If you're not knowledgeable in hardware or don't know anyone doing micro-electronics, the best way remains Nintendo, even though that indeed implies you'll get back a patched unit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night