ROM Hack Online multiplayer in Virtual Console? [Question]

DRI2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm wondering if I can play Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow, or another game with local multiplayer, trought the network. I'd love to play with my friends...
I suppose it is totally impossible :C

Thanks for your answers :D

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm wondering if I can play Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow, or another game with local multiplayer, trought the network. I'd love to play with my friends...
I suppose it is totally impossible :C

Thanks for your answers :D
No, it's not possible.

I mean for starters, we would have to host our own servers, as Nintendo didn't implement anything for it. And for a game with such a cult following as Pokémon, maintaining those servers would be nearly impossible.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
One way could be by repeating the local network packets over the internet... which is not likely without a large parallel CFW effort, as not only the connection is encrypted but it's not made of standard wifi packets (so you need a compatible wifi card, like for wifime/smashhax)!
If this is done, however, we could do real online streetpass and every game would be easily compatible...

The easy way is to add online to the emulator, but then it's multiple orders of magnitude to do this with a homebrew open source emulator!

Reactions: DRI2000

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night