I own this desert, bitches!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I dont know how many times I've done this lately but our internet is acting again, but I tested it with the cable that goes to the router (TP-Link WRG340G) from the modem (this ones model I do not know). It would seem that the problem is with the router, because when I tested the cable from the modem, everything worked nicely and there wasnt any problems. Now then, with the cable that goes from the router to this laptop (wifi also) it just doesnt work..

So, it would seem that I'll have to buy a new router, and recommendations are more than welcome.

But if someone has any solution to this, other than buying a new router, please tell me what it is. Tempers, I'm begging you!

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not clear how you 'test' things. Are you using a cable tester or something? In that case you're only really testing the cable, and not necessarily if the router is bad.

Also you might want to check if just simply rebooting your router fixes issues. You might have a problem where bittorrent is saturating the NAT table and causing the router to lock up.

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reset your router to factory settings?

Or,

Next time your internet is acting up, ping your router or another Pc on your network.
you could also try pinging "8.8.8.8" to pass your DNS.

Its also good to physically reset both the router and modem by unplugging them

also, try replacing the cable between the two

also, depending on where you live, you could try changing the wifi channel in case of interference.

Theraima

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
@ doyama : I test things by ping/speedtest, video load times etc.

@ Bunie : I'll try resetting the factory settings tomorrow. I unplugged the modem and the router for about an hour before putting them back in place. I live in Finland, so I aint got the slightest idea of changing the channel. The cable... It could be the cable going from the router to laptop, since the cable that goes from the modem to router works fine. ( I tested this by taking the cable from the modem out of the router and plugged that into my laptop)

Also, speedtest gives me bad results when I'm connected with wi-fi and with the cable going from the router to laptop.

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Theraima said:
I live in Finland, so I aint got the slightest idea of changing the channel.
It's not your country that matters (unless you live some place with like three computers total) but your neighborhood. Wireless routers broadcast their signal on one of several channels, if several routers in the same area are broadcasting on the same channel, problems might be caused because of interference.

Theraima

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
@ Bunie : I reset the router to factory settings and it didnt help at all
frown.gif
Also I tried to reboot it, and that didnt help at all either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1