Mike83

OP
Trophies
Website
gardensoccer.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, I am going away on holiday to Cyprus in a few weeks with some friends. The last two years while in our hotel room getting ready, we'd play games on my phone, Olympic style games being the most popular, you know the kind, you select how many players, and take turn on each event, with the game keeping high scores and such.

Anyways, this year I have a DS, and will be taking it with me. I hope hoping to get some suggestions for good multiplayer games of that type that we can play over there.

I know this is the NDS game section, but both suggestions for NDS and GBA games are welcome. I'd like to keep the games to ones in English.

Thanks

Mike83

OP
Trophies
Website
gardensoccer.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do it need to be Multicard games, Download & play games or hot-seat multiplayer games?
It makes a pretty big diffrence, y'know.

Taking turns on the same DS, only have one of them to take:)

As much as I love my DS, I couldn't even dream of playing it in Cyprus with all that cheap alocohol flying about!
Its just when we're getting ready to go out, one persons in the bathroom/shower, the rest sat about doing not alot.

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well Advance wars: Dual Strike is a MUST! (It's a complex game, but I love it!)
Worms: Open Warfare is pretty cool too (You probably know this game already)
You could try New Super Mario Bros. for the minigames. It doesn't contain any hot-seat multiplayer but you can switch turns in minigames and see who can get the highest score.

That's about everything I can recommend for commercial games.
If you need some fun hot-seat homebrew games, then try:
MarshMallow DS A lovely deathmatch game, it garantuees a lot of fun! Both players can play at the same time!
Pizza Worm Another great game, it's pretty fun and this game is also Real time, so no turns!
War of the Weeds This game has a few fun board-like games, but you need to swap your DS because this game uses turns.
Blubb3D This game is a lot of fun too, it demands a bit of brains if you want to enjoy this game. This game is also turn-based.
TagDS Really basic, but it's still fun to play. I mean, everybody once did it in his youth, right? (Not turn based btw!)
Hoover Maneuver It's a pretty dull game, it could keep you and your buddy 2 minutes entertained AT MOST. It's real time though, so it's worth a try for a 200kb game.
Omalone DS I have no idea what this game is about, but it looks kind of neat.

Mike83

OP
Trophies
Website
gardensoccer.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for those, they sound good, but no Olympic/Track and Field games
frown.gif

Thanks though. Maybe I'll ask in the GBA section for some of those:D

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it was suppose the be early July but sadly gone back to August so thats no use for you at all.

If you could get a GBC emulator running then theres International Track and Field 2000 by Konami. Theres some other Track and Field games on some of Konami's Collector GBC games but I can't remember which volumes they are on.

GBA theres Salt Lake 2002 but thats kinda rubbish.
Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games is actually pretty good if you can stand the cuteness.
Ultimate Winter Games is ok.

And thats about it really.

Skyhunterjim

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
How about the GBA Wario Ware?
Good minigames and addictive as hell to compete with each other, especially tennis,hoops,and others.Everyone loved taking turns during class, I guess vacation will do too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)