Old 3DSXL Demo Unit (D9 working)..

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TheSkilledPlaya, Feb 11, 2017.

1. TheSkilledPlaya
    OP

TheSkilledPlaya Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2016
    United States
    Hello, I have an old 3dsxl demo unit on 4.1.0-8U that can access Decrypt9WIP via Browser.

If unplugged, the 3ds shuts down after 1 second. When plugged in, the 3ds can't be powered off as it turns on immediately again after turning it off.

I've dumped a ctrtransfer.bin and a nandmin.bin from the system (I can PM if anyone needs). Is there any hope of doing the ctrtransfer to 2.1.0 and installing al9h/Luma?

I also have a health and safety dump hs.app with me.

Last edited by TheSkilledPlaya, Feb 12, 2017
  2. einhuman197

einhuman197 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 17, 2015
    Germany
    Inside your bootloader (´◉◞౪◟◉)
    Well demo unit is basically o3ds with other software. I highly recommend you to upload the nand image and to provide it public. I'm not sure but I think ctrnandtransfer to retail software should work.

3. thisisallowed

thisisallowed 中国御宅族

Oct 8, 2015
    China
    Jinan, Shandong
    It has the same software as a retail kit supposedly. CTRtransfer normally.

4. TheSkilledPlaya
    OP

TheSkilledPlaya Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2016
    United States
    A family member is using the 3ds at the moment. Is a full wipe necessary before nand upload?
    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

As long as you're sure about this, I think I'll give it a shot tomorrow after some more replies. Thanks.

Would it be more ideal to have an emunand setup?

5. einhuman197

Aug 17, 2015
    Germany
    No emunand doesn't have benefits In 2017. It's just storage waste.

A family member is using the 3ds at the moment. Is a full wipe necessary before nand upload?
    No.

6. TheSkilledPlaya
    OP

TheSkilledPlaya Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2016
    United States
    Okay, won't uploading be against the rules here? Also, I'll skip the emunand then.

So I'll just be able to follow http://3ds.guide normally without any issues during ctrtransfer? What happens if I get an error during the ctrtransfer? Cant afford to break it.

Last edited by TheSkilledPlaya, Feb 12, 2017
  7. einhuman197

Aug 17, 2015
    Germany
    Idk that's a good question actually.

8. Jaggred

Jaggred Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2017
    United States
    If you cant afford breaking it then don't do it.
    There is always a risk of breaking doing firmware replacement even on non-demo devices.
    So you with your demo kit risking double

9. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    yeah from what I have read the demo consoles are all exactly the same fw as retail, the only difference is there is no charging IC installed on the board, although I have seen a picture of one that seemed to have a completely different board version, but unless it's a dev console you should just use the normal ctrtransfer image to downgrade to 2.1 and install a9lh, easiest way to tell a dev system from a normal retail system is by putting a game card in, if it works its running retail fw

Just be sure to make a nand backup before you do anything, but I have seen quite a few people successfully install a9lh on kiosk consoles so you should be fine

Ryccardo likes this.
  10. TheSkilledPlaya
    OP

TheSkilledPlaya Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2016
    United States
    Thank you for the information. I'll probably skip the emunand setup and go for this method.