Gizametalman

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I need advice with my 3DS... I NEVER had used the Circle Pad of my 3DS until yesterdeay (really, until yesterday)
The reason is because, since I bought it, I noticed that the Circle Pad was slightly off the center... just slightly. And two days ago I "A9-ed" my 3DS, so free games.
And today I was playing Mario Kart 7 and since it uses the Circle Pad... well, I used it for the first time... and now it's almost broken. The white thing... just glued onto my finger! but it didn't came completely apart.
How can I fix this before is too late? Like using glue or something?
And... if it's broken, how can I replace it?

I hadn't played anything agressive titles, and I never used the Circle Pad before, not even in the Home Menu :(

dead_guy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I need advice with my 3DS... I NEVER had used the Circle Pad of my 3DS until yesterdeay (really, until yesterday)
The reason is because, since I bought it, I noticed that the Circle Pad was slightly off the center... just slightly. And two days ago I "A9-ed" my 3DS, so free games.
And today I was playing Mario Kart 7 and since it uses the Circle Pad... well, I used it for the first time... and now it's almost broken. The white thing... just glued onto my finger! but it didn't came completely apart.
How can I fix this before is too late? Like using glue or something?
And... if it's broken, how can I replace it?

I hadn't played anything agressive titles, and I never used the Circle Pad before, not even in the Home Menu :(
take a picture of it and post it

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
You will need to replace the whole Circle Pad, it"s only a part of the 3DS so buying it shouldn"t be a problem, bu i fyou don"t know how to eplace it by youself (you need to open the console) or someone to do it for you, you will need to send it to Nintendo for repair.
But share the picture to see what"s exactly your problem.

Gizametalman

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm pretty sure that this does not show the main problem.
Actually, I was trying to "pull" the white part up, so you could see the problem, but I didn't want it to force it.

Ok... so... anything I can do to prevent it from being fully irreparable?

Attachments

• IMG_20160904_201925.jpg
    IMG_20160904_201925.jpg
    552.2 KB · Views: 185
Last edited by Gizametalman,

Gizametalman

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh, that sounds quite bad. I have to take care of it now.
Well thank you... is just that all the studd I researched about my problem was only about 3DSXL, with stuff like using sand paper, glue or buttons, but nothing about older 3DS models.
Thanks for helping :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    ReZ and Xdqwerty, please stop looking at me.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Some day I'll write out a properly formatted shell script that lives on our firmware server or git repo and just call that, and have that handle every kind of server we run much more gracefully than my hobbled together atrocity does right now
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    pssh - nope. 1, what I'm doing gets done from our bootable provisioning environment, and you can only interface with that via serial console - we don't accept ssh connections on the servers in that state, and 2, I don't even know if our bootable environment has pssh baked into it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    3, I've never even heard of it before lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Anyway I can open serial console sessions to multiple devices at the same time, and broadcast my input to all of them (iTerm on Mac is the terminal emulator I'm using). It's just a matter of how many commands I'd have to run by hand, and how long they'd take otherwise lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just assumed you were working via SSH. I know my way around that. If a server is only accessible locally it's waaay beyond saving from my end so I let the DC team work on that :tpi:
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I *am* the DC team :P the remote arm of it, anyway
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Trust me, I wish I could do everything I need to do via ssh. Working through these serial console servers suuuuuucks in comparison
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    SSH rules
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I love that there's a network filesystem that runs on top of ssh - sshfs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I use it in most of my home network for mounting network storage in various *nix VMs
  • Veho @ Veho:
    sshfs you say...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I use SFTP but it doesn't have the bells and whistles.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dumb dx11 and lutris
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    sshfs allows you to mount networked storage on a machine as a FUSE filesystem. It's sftp under the hood but has all of the interactivity and usability you'd expect of a locally mounted filesystem. Downside, it can slow down a little bit with massive directories, but I haven't personally run into that yet
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    This perspective is all linux oriented fwiw. I believe there's an sshfs driver for Windows, but I haven't used it yet. and no idea for MacOS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ftp is life if not on wifi
  • wolffangalchemist @ wolffangalchemist:
    yeah ftp and occasionally samba at the house.
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    By the way under Windows you can use Total Commander to access so many sources as drives, SFTP, FTP, WebDav, Cloud shares, etc.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Total Commander rules.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I think i can't sleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    jailbreaking windows and android is op
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wut
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i thought that's what they were talking about
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: