Official venue for homebrew

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Exaltys, Apr 19, 2012.

Apr 19, 2012

Official venue for homebrew by Exaltys at 8:21 PM (1,257 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Exaltys
    OP

Member Exaltys GBAtemp Regular

United States
  2. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    The PlayStation Suite SDK has been announced quite some time ago. Sony never really fought againts homebrew, they fought againts hacking and exploiting their systems.

They have a long tradition of releasing suites like this, starting with the Net Yaroze through PS2 Linux and finally the PlayStation Suite. Unfortunatelly I'm pretty sure that this SDK limits the possibilities of using Vita's resources - it's aimed at Certified Android devices, the Vita only piggy-backs to it.

3. Exaltys
    OP

Member Exaltys GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Oh alright. We'll just have to wait and see if anything good or interesting comes out of it I guess. Carry on then.

4. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    From what I understand, the problem with this SDK is that it does not produce "native" Vita binaries, only Android Apps wrapped neatly into a launcher of sorts. Rather than directly accessing hardware, the launcher interprets the embedded application and allows access to hardware - it's a VM-like setup.

5. dragonmaster

Member dragonmaster THE WALKER

Greece
    oh chage the topic title plz
    sony will never support homebrew ,or emulators
    and as i saw now on their site it is only ment for android so bye bye kernel acess on vita
    if it was true they wouldnt bother to close the loopholes on exploits ment for homebrew..