JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a generic if someone wants to buy it. I got it for homebrew development. I'd sell it for $10 or something.
20150918_023546.jpg~original

20150918_023604.jpg~original

SD card won't be included, I just put it in there to show you how it works. I anyone is interested, I'll make a topic in the appropriate forum.

Reactions: Margen67

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, the one on ebay seemed like some sort of official Nintendo component, not some general 3rd party chinese knockoff.
They are essentially the same. I don't think it's a knock-off if it came out before Nintendo's version either. It is from China though, lol. It took almost a month to arrive, IIRC.

I think the main use for it is if your SD card slot is broken on your Wii.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
They are essentially the same. I don't think it's a knock-off if it came out before Nintendo's version either. It is from China though, lol. It took almost a month to arrive, IIRC.

I think the main use for it is if your SD card slot is broken on your Wii.

Do we know how/when SD gecko was invented, or by whom? Nintendo's came out in 2003. Seems unlikely to me the knock-offs existed before then.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Do we know how/when SD gecko was invented, or by whom? Nintendo's came out in 2003. Seems unlikely to me the knock-offs existed before then.
I found mentions of the SD Media Launcher (the original) as far back as 2002. It was made by Datel. They've been supporters of homebrew for a long time. I think they donated a grand to wiibrew

Last edited by JoostinOnline,
Reactions: KiiWii

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by 2002? That would make Nintendo's adapter the clone.
It was. Do you really think that Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo are the only companies to ever come up with original accessories? Nintendo didn't even have a rechargeable battery for the Wii remote till a couple years ago.

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was. Do you really think that Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo are the only companies to ever come up with original accessories? Nintendo didn't even have a rechargeable battery for the Wii remote till a couple years ago.

Tis true. Nintendo has a long history of utilizing innovations from others, even when the public at large may think "first party item". The Power Glove, The Power Pad. The tech behind the Wii Remote. And of course the vast majority of "Nintendo" accessories on the market have the PDP logo on them.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I guess but aren't you guys supposed to be convincing me of SD Media Launcher's release date? It could've been initially PAL only, that'd be one reason for me not hearing about it back then. Interact brought several of Datel's products to the US until their demise. I know the Gamecube Gameshark was canceled.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I guess but aren't you guys supposed to be convincing me of SD Media Launcher's release date? It could've been initially PAL only, that'd be one reason for me not hearing about it back then. Interact brought several of Datel's products to the US until their demise. I know the Gamecube Gameshark was canceled.
Just google it yourself and filter out any recent results. They've made several models, including ones for the Wii, so you'll see new announcements in 2010.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: