Hardware Official C-stick repair.

SnakeOil992

Walking bruh moment
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
My C-stick has always been faulty on my N3DS. Left and up movements work just fine but right and down movements really struggle to register and I have to use my nail, which is painful. RE: Revelations falls victim to the faulty C-stick, for example. I've always thought of sending it for a repair but the company that dealt with Nintendo products in Greece went bankrupt. However, on Oct. 1st onwards, a new company will be responsible for those. Now, in order to see if the repair went correctly, they will have to switch on the system and try stuff out, right? And that's where my prbolem is. I am on A9LH. And also I am a dirty pirate. I really hope that they won't return the system to me unfixed because of that. What do you think I should do?

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Install the SD-less A9LH boot and remove the SD card. They won't need the SD card for the hardware fix.

Rideouter9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be the cheapest, yet goofiest, way to save your c-stick. In all likelihood your c-stick is working as intended, but unintentionally badly implemented. You see, the c-stick is made for "motional" activation, you motion the stick down and it won't move, but it'll register going down. The issue arrives when playing games for an extended amount of time. The rubber material used for the stick, when in contact with sweat produced by us humans, causes it to slick away the motion, leaving you with wonky directions. The cheapest and easiest way to remedy this is simply prevent sweat from touching the stick itself.

First, get into the c-stick configuration menu for any game that has it, Monster Hunter comes to mind. Get your shirt or any cloth in hand and move the stick around to see if it responds better that way. If that is the case, the solution is going to be goofy. Get an old rubber glove, preferably one that is used or has been used to wash dishes for example. Cut out the thumb portion of said glove. Slip it over your thumb and voila, you've fixed the issue on your own. It's cumbersome at times, sure, but definitely beats out sending in to Nintendo to have them mess things up for you.

Reactions: SnakeOil992

SnakeOil992

Walking bruh moment
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
This might be the cheapest, yet goofiest, way to save your c-stick. In all likelihood your c-stick is working as intended, but unintentionally badly implemented. You see, the c-stick is made for "motional" activation, you motion the stick down and it won't move, but it'll register going down. The issue arrives when playing games for an extended amount of time. The rubber material used for the stick, when in contact with sweat produced by us humans, causes it to slick away the motion, leaving you with wonky directions. The cheapest and easiest way to remedy this is simply prevent sweat from touching the stick itself.

First, get into the c-stick configuration menu for any game that has it, Monster Hunter comes to mind. Get your shirt or any cloth in hand and move the stick around to see if it responds better that way. If that is the case, the solution is going to be goofy. Get an old rubber glove, preferably one that is used or has been used to wash dishes for example. Cut out the thumb portion of said glove. Slip it over your thumb and voila, you've fixed the issue on your own. It's cumbersome at times, sure, but definitely beats out sending in to Nintendo to have them mess things up for you.
Damn, this works. However I've seen people in videos using the C-stick without wearing a part of a glove and it works perfectly. Also, this happens even in the morning, just as I start using my 3DS. I guess my hands are too greasy and theirs just aren't. Either way, I feel like I got robbed from Nintendo. Do I really have to use a glove? That's not what Nintendo told us. Anyway, thanks a lot man.

Last edited by SnakeOil992,

Rideouter9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, oils on the skin are constantly getting produced. I can't say for sure if their sticks are working better than yours or not, as mine just recently started to give symptoms of directional disconnect after months of use. But there are other ways to better stabilize the "fix". One in particular involves gluing a cloth cutout to the stick, so your thumb doesn't have to actually touch it. But this is the only one where you don't have to modify your system for. No problem.

SnakeOil992

Walking bruh moment
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
you pretty much did when you installed any kind of unofficial software on it.
I can still delete any trace of it if anything happens.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I offer C-Stick repairs, so I won't kill your arm9loaderhax.

It's in my sig. Thing is, I'm in the US.
I think I might cover it with something. Thanks anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended