Offensive Mario Kart Ghost Name

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by pdarkness, Aug 14, 2008.

1. pdarkness
    OP

pdarkness Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2007
  2. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    Aren't Australians lovely?

3. Brian117

Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Cleveland, OH
    I've seen so much inappropriate names in my times...

One was, "MILF". I got VERY pissed over it. I was like, this is a kids game you bitch.

The other was, J4ckinOff. Which is very immature...

There were tons more, can't think of them ATM. Nintendo should look into the WiFi Database for MK and change their names around for them.

Very immature people these days...you can even now find them on a game...crazy >.

4. kobykaan

kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

Aug 27, 2007

5. alex

alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jul 1, 2008
    United States
    Once in the Check Mii Out Channel I saw a sexual mii. Ya know... But it's gone now... Sick perverts...

6. Vater Unser

Vater Unser GBAtemp Addict

Oct 28, 2004
    Gambia, The
    Pen Island
    Come on, it's only "offensive" if you know what a MILF is, so if a kid encounters a player called "MILF" online, it either doesn't know what that expression means or has heard it somewhere else before...The nick in the screenshot is obviously far more offensive...

I think it's funny that Nintendo is keeping back important features like CHATTING to "protect our kids", yet it never had any consequences to have a swastika as your avatar in MKDS or to use whatever nickname you can think of [​IMG]

Hearing the words "fuck", "pussy" or "cunt" never killed anyone, and if you're seriously concerned about your kids learning bad words online, just don't let them play online...Just be aware that by elementary school, every kid will already know the meaning of the most popular bad words around [​IMG]

7. alex

alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jul 1, 2008
    United States
    Yeah, before on MKDS I had a fuck off symbol, aka the middle finger, my brother didn't change it when he borrowed the game. and he only plays online, hes older tahn me though... by a lot...

8. Longbaugh

Longbaugh GBAtemp Regular

Sep 30, 2004
    United States
    You guys are so repressed, and seriously? a kids game? Please, Ive been playing mariokart for 16 years.

9. Giga_Gaia

Giga_Gaia Shinigami

Sep 12, 2006
    Canada
    Quebec, Canada
    Luigi circuit and Rainbow Road World Record holders are cheater.

The guy in Luigi circuit complete one turn and stand there for hours.

The guy in rainbow road stop down the road, then about 30 seconds later he throw himself down the road and that's all.

Beside, 00:29:XX for Luigi Circuit is so impossible.

10. Shichibukai

Shichibukai GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2008
    Teeworlds!
    What did you expect? There's no respect these days.
    I mean just look at the people, kids say what they want do what they want at school whitout nobody to stop them. They raise like this and then when they are old, They think it's funny and they continue. And Televison, People do a poor image. I don't mean everyone a lot of people are good

11. Mewgia

Mewgia drifter

Dec 16, 2006
    United States
    Boston, MA
    Oh boo hoo someone called themselves a bad name.

12. Pimpmynintendo

Pimpmynintendo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 18, 2008
    United States
    Arkansas
    It is also partially nintendo's fault for allowing punctuation

13. Mewgia

Mewgia drifter

Dec 16, 2006
    United States
    Boston, MA
    Don't even say ANYTHING like that.

We don't need Nintendo cutting out even more things from wifi.

14. xDahlia

xDahlia Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2007
    ==". Nintendo Wifi is already a fail.

15. HaTaX

HaTaX GBAtemp Regular

Mar 4, 2007
    United States
    I think they know they can't be the police to something like that as they'd have to hire a new group of people for a department to deal with all that traffic. [​IMG]

It does say that the ESRB rating may change with online gameplay, so their butt is covered.

Some of the names I've seen I've thought were pretty creative! Always gives me a snicker and then I move on to kicking their ass. [​IMG]

16. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    Well, after seeing the pains Nintendo went through (and put us through) to make their online content child-safe, it wouldn't surprise me if they scrap the custom usernames and have the game assign you a nickname when you first go online.

It's more likely than you think. [​IMG] Friend codes, anyone?

17. Tigerstar

Tigerstar Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2006
    United Kingdom
    There sure are a lot of people over 70 in this thread. "Get your naughty nickname off my lawn! Damn youngsters these days ain't got no respect! I fought in the original Metroid, you know!".

18. bigjohn8411

bigjohn8411 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2008
    United States
    wow number 1. he's FIRST in the list.

how does THAT make you feel... LOL

19. DJPlace

DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    i saw someones name nigger and the word nigger was not censored and they ban the name hilter... now if they don't ban nigger then maybe nintendo is rasict...

20. SpongeFreak52

SpongeFreak52 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 8, 2007
    United States
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
    I never really understood why they blocked "Hitler" and no actual profanity. It's almost wasted effort IMHO. I mean come on, you can EASILY type H1tler (or use an i with the lil' sqiggly line over it [​IMG]) and offend someone just as much. xP