Hardware Odd issue with Acekard 2i

Banchan9000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I was recently using my acekard 2i and I found that it has a bit of resistance when it is removed from the slot of the 3DS

After removing my acekard 2i and putting in rayman 3d, starting up AR, suspending AR, going to sleep mode, then pulling OUT the rayman 3d cartridge I found the 3ds unable to detect any legitimate carts even after restarting the system, which scared the crap out of me because I thought those false rumors about bricking were true (Of course 2 seconds later I realized that I had not turned on the wifi since the first time I used my acekard and therefore such an update was impossible). This problem was fixed by inserting and removing my acekard 2i again (The acekard 2i was properly detected when I inserted it)

My hypothesis is that it's a hardware issue and the acekard managed to pull something in the slot back into place. I was wondering whether anybody could verify whether it's an issue with my hardware or with the hardware in general.

D

Deleted_171835

It was probably just a contact issue.

The 3DS probably wasn't able to read the contacts on the Acekard 2i properly. Once you took the flashcart out and put it back it in, the 3DS could read the contacts on the Acekard 2i.

Banchan9000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
It was probably just a contact issue.

The 3DS probably wasn't able to read the contacts on the Acekard 2i properly. Once you took the flashcart out and put it back it in, the 3DS could read the contacts on the Acekard 2i.

My issue was not that it wouldn't detect the flashcart, but that it wouldn't detect legal carts (both DS and 3DS) so it wasn't an acekard specific contact issue.

I just tried to replicate the issue but failed. I think it might have been a slight defect with my hardware

D

Deleted_171835

Banchan9000 said:
My issue was not that it wouldn't detect the flashcart, but that it wouldn't detect legal carts (both DS and 3DS) so it wasn't an acekard specific contact issue.

I just tried to replicate the issue but failed. I think it might have been a slight defect with my hardware
It still may be a contact issue but with Rayman 3DS instead of the Acekard 2i.

Banchan9000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
Banchan9000 said:

It still may be a contact issue but with Rayman 3DS instead of the Acekard 2i.

I tested with Rayman 3D, SSFIV 3D, and Pokemon Black. I'm assuming at least one of those 3 carts didn't have contact issues

It's really just a small issue, but I was wondering whether anybody else had the same problem

lompoc

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i was u get a exchange of system and dont put flash carts in 3ds.in futher more it will completley might break inside 3ds were your cat goes

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lompoc not sure what you're saying... Anyways, as above it sounds like a contact issue and you may wish to just return your 3ds... It seems unlikely the acekard pulled anything even when getting it out, it's probably just a faulty system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto