Ocarina of Time VC Problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by spode, Mar 30, 2013.

Mar 30, 2013

Ocarina of Time VC Problem by spode at 1:51 AM (529 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. spode
    OP

Newcomer spode Newbie

United States
    I bought a used PAL Wii like a year ago. I softmodded it to 4.1PAL and regionchanged it to 4.1U. I regionchanged the Wii shop to JPN in order to get a JPN version of Ocarina of Time. I then activated the Priiloader hack 'Region Free Channels' in order to be able to play it. It all works fine except for:

I can't reset the game (neither by pressing the reset button on the Wii nor by pressing Home and reset on the Wiimote). When I do, the screen blinks black/green once and then the Wii hard locks and I need to hold the power button for 5 seconds in order to turn it off. I get no sound or anything. No monitor signal.

It's weird because I also have a US version of the game installed and I'm able to reset that version of the game just fine. Also, my younger brother has a PAL Wii regionchanged to 4.1U and he's able to reset the JPN version of OoT just fine. He's on some older softmod though.

Here's my sysCheck log:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. spode
    OP

Newcomer spode Newbie

United States
    I managed to solve the problem myself. Not sure exactly how, but it's working now. Thought I'd post a reply so this won't be one of those threads. I've done the following things since I posted the OP:
    • I used the tool Duplicate Channel Remover in order to remove excess channels (forgot to do this when I regionchanged my Wii).
    • Format the Wii System Memory (wanted to remove the previous owners savegames, Miis and whatnot).
    • Reinstall the VC from the Wii Shop.