Ocarina of Time VC Problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by spode, Mar 30, 2013.

1. spode
    OP

spode Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2009
    United States
    I bought a used PAL Wii like a year ago. I softmodded it to 4.1PAL and regionchanged it to 4.1U. I regionchanged the Wii shop to JPN in order to get a JPN version of Ocarina of Time. I then activated the Priiloader hack 'Region Free Channels' in order to be able to play it. It all works fine except for:

I can't reset the game (neither by pressing the reset button on the Wii nor by pressing Home and reset on the Wiimote). When I do, the screen blinks black/green once and then the Wii hard locks and I need to hold the power button for 5 seconds in order to turn it off. I get no sound or anything. No monitor signal.

It's weird because I also have a US version of the game installed and I'm able to reset that version of the game just fine. Also, my younger brother has a PAL Wii regionchanged to 4.1U and he's able to reset the JPN version of OoT just fine. He's on some older softmod though.

Here's my sysCheck log:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. spode
    OP

spode Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2009
    United States
    I managed to solve the problem myself. Not sure exactly how, but it's working now. Thought I'd post a reply so this won't be one of those threads. I've done the following things since I posted the OP:
    • I used the tool Duplicate Channel Remover in order to remove excess channels (forgot to do this when I regionchanged my Wii).
    • Format the Wii System Memory (wanted to remove the previous owners savegames, Miis and whatnot).
    • Reinstall the VC from the Wii Shop.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice