• Likes 1

Abar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello guys i had a wii whit USB Loader GX and my issue is that i can t download cheats for the games, i had old cheats but when i clck on update/download the cheats wont to dissapear and i recive a error from a page.
Can anyone help me? i use wii often and also own it from 2010 but this was very new form me! :D

Reactions: Stebar

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that's geckocode's website new DDos protection.
you need to download it using your computer, and put the .txt file in the expected folder on your SD card, named after the titleID of the game.

Reactions: Abar

Abar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
you need to download it using your computer, and put the .txt file in the expected folder on your SD card, named after the titleID of the game.
Thank you very much i appreciate your help :D

Griffballchamp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So each .txt file needs to go in the corresponding folder of the rom?

I have a folder with a TON of these .txt files. Was hoping i just needed to edit a custom path to read them from SD card. Is this not possible.

Also, how do I enable these cheats for Wii and GC games?

USB loader Gx is v3 r1268

Last edited by Griffballchamp,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
there's no ROM, there are (at least what is often called) ISO.
you have to put all the .txt file into the corresponding folder for "txt" cheatcode. not in each game's folder !

look at your SD card, you have a "code" (or codes) and a "txtcode" (or something like that).
the one with "txt" is the folder where you put the txt
the one without txt is the folder where is located the gct (converted from txt)

you can change these two folder at will, go to custom folders menu and change them if you want.

to enable cheats .... go to game's option and enable ocarina ?
it'll load the corresponding and found gct file from the code folder.
if there's none, you need to generate one using the ocarina menu (which will use the txtcode files).

Griffballchamp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's no ROM, there are (at least what is often called) ISO.
you have to put all the .txt file into the corresponding folder for "txt" cheatcode. not in each game's folder !

look at your SD card, you have a "code" (or codes) and a "txtcode" (or something like that).
the one with "txt" is the folder where you put the txt
the one without txt is the folder where is located the gct (converted from txt)

you can change these two folder at will, go to custom folders menu and change them if you want.

to enable cheats .... go to game's option and enable ocarina ?
it'll load the corresponding and found gct file from the code folder.
if there's none, you need to generate one using the ocarina menu (which will use the txtcode files).

Yes I found a great guide here on gbatemp and used WiiRD to generate the .gct files that I was missing.

Thanks again Cyan!!

Reactions: Alexander1970

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Yes I found a great guide here on gbatemp and used WiiRD to generate the .gct files that I was missing.

Thanks again Cyan!!
Just get the .txt files and put it in the correct folder. That way, you can use usbloadergx to load the txt, select the corresponding cheats you wanted and the loader will convert it to .gct and use it. You can select and change cheats at will. No need to go to wiiRD and generate every time you want to enable different cheats.

Griffballchamp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just get the .txt files and put it in the correct folder. That way, you can use usbloadergx to load the txt, select the corresponding cheats you wanted and the loader will convert it to .gct and use it. You can select and change cheats at will. No need to go to wiiRD and generate every time you want to enable different cheats.

Too late, LOL

Spent 2 hours this morning creating gct files on WiiRD

Hey, it was kinda fun.

Reactions: Alexander1970

MasterXD34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Too late, LOL

Spent 2 hours this morning creating gct files on WiiRD

Hey, it was kinda fun.

Just use NeoGamma and name a folder named GeckoCodes on the root of your SD card. NeoGamma will automatically apply the cheats when you start the game if you have Ocarina and debugger on, and the hooker type set to VBI!

Griffballchamp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use NeoGamma and name a folder named GeckoCodes on the root of your SD card. NeoGamma will automatically apply the cheats when you start the game if you have Ocarina and debugger on, and the hooker type set to VBI!

Do you know if the cheats for Newer Super Mario Bros Wii will work with the Newer Team games?

MasterXD34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you know if the cheats for Newer Super Mario Bros Wii will work with the Newer Team games?

Well, since Newer Super Mario Bros Wii isn't made by Nintendo, I doubt there will be GeckoCodes for it. However if you wanna check on the geckocodes website then go for it! I just don't think the Newer Team has any cheats for it.
If you are in desperate need of cheats, just try New Super Mario Bros Wii GeckoCodes, which is the one by nintendo.
Since Newer Super Mario Bros Wii is based off of New Super Mario Bros Wii then the codes for it should work the same as the Published NSMBW.

SlipperyPete430

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you just take the txt code from new super Mario wii and change the name to your newer super Mario. For example nsmb is SMNE01.txt and my newer is SMNE03.txt. Then you can create your gct file in USB loader gx. It has been years since I created mine, but that's what I remember doing.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sometime, modded games don't have the same addresses and cheatcodes for one version is not compatible with another.
it'll probably depends which one you try. if it's a controller cheat (moon jump?) I suppose it's identical, but if it's "always specific power active", newer has new powers (hammer brother) so it's probably not working.

Renaming the cheat code is one way to try.
maybe newer already has cheats on geckocodes? (I checked, it doesn't).

If there was one, you can use usbloadergx 1272 mod by BlackBox (until merged into the main branch) to properly download cheats directly from the loader.

Kia331

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to figure out how to format my SD card to enter cheat codes for VBA Pokemon Emerald. I just need the masterball cheat code so I can play it on a modded wii.
Can someone please HELP!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.