o3ds Unable to Boot

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by slifer1231, Dec 28, 2016.

1. slifer1231
    OP

slifer1231 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2007
    United States
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    So i have an odd issue my friend is having an issue with his o3ds. he turned it off at some point and now it will no longer boot. It does have al9h installed I think he messed with a system title but turning luma dev option to error display when the 3ds turns on i get an exception
    ARM11 (Core 1 )
    prefeatch abort (svcbreak)
    current process pm
    and then some register dumps.
    He doesn't have a nand backup and i longer have a copy of his nand backup
    if i attempt to boot into recover A+R+L+Up(DPad) it gives me the same error.

How can i go about fixing this?
    or can it be fixed with the ctrtransfer?

All i have on my self is a n3dsxl and his o3ds both mine and his have a9lh installed

2. slifer1231
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2007
    United States
    so what i have attempted to do is a took a spare sd card and set up emunand on it i then did a ctrtransfer to the emunand using the 9.2 ctrtransfer image on the guide this results in booting to a black screen with no crash when luma boots to emunand but if i boot to sysnand i get the svcbreak error

3. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Rule number one of A9LH: Always keep a NAND backup SOMEWHERE. :teach:

I keep one in my MEGA account, and it's cloned on my desktop in a folder. Both are 7zipped to save space. :sleep:

Now... Obvious stuff aside... I think a hardmod might be his only chance, because to my knowledge, there isn't a "NAND rebuilder" for the 3DS like there was for the original Wii. So your friend might be out of luck. :unsure:

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

If you can boot into emuNAND, I think dumping it and writing emuNAND to sysNAND is your only chance to save the system.

4. slifer1231
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2007
    United States
    thats what im trying to do is use the 9.2 ctrtransfer image and inject it into emunand so i can get something to boot it seems he has deleted the ns system module and system menu so thats why it wont boot. if i can get booted into the 9.2 ctr image injected into emunand i can update the emunand to 11.2 and then use godmode9 to copy the missing titles back to sysnand and it should be back to normal in theory

5. punderino

punderino aka Big-Dick Swinger

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Don't do this. You'll fuck the boot0boot1 keys. If you do, make sure to use the Keep A9LH option.

6. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    In theory, that should work. Good luck, and keep us posted.

7. slifer1231
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2007
    United States
    im trying it again im injecting the 9.2.0-20U_ctrtransfer_o3ds.bin into the emunand using the latest decrypt 9 and auto ctr transfer so in theory when its done i should be able to boot into emunand

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

well i got the same thing again in injected successfully and when it tries to load the backlight comes on and so does the 3d and wifi indicator but nothing else loads

8. slifer1231
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2007
    United States
    Ok so i took a shot in the dark and instead of injecteing into emunand i just did the ctrtransfer to sysnand and it worked keeping the a9lh installed aswell. now i can update it back to 11.2 and ill restore the backup of the bricked nand to emunand and try to transfer the missing files into that if it boots that emunand then i should be good to go

9. punderino

punderino aka Big-Dick Swinger

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Kansas City, Missouri
  10. slifer1231
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2007
    United States
    Ok so i managed to fix his old nand and get it working again but now the only thing is i can get anything that involves twl to load if i try to start a DS Cartridge it just black screens with the home menu music still playing. i have reinstalled clean titles of TWL firm, TWL Data, DS Download Play, DS Internet Settings, and TWL Whitelist after install those the game will launch but then luma gives a svcbreak. If i do what auroawright says here https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/FAQ-and-troubleshooting
    and try to install the NS and the Homemenu i get a title already exist. then i have to restore the nand to get the ds to boot again since its back to a svcbreak on boot up after trying to install those titles. i even tried with clean latests versions of those titles and get the same result