O3DS or second N3DS for Gateway?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by exolaris, May 6, 2015.

1. exolaris
    OP

exolaris Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2011
    United States
    I currently have an up-to-date O3DSXL and MM3DSXL with Sky3DS but I'm interested in Gateway. Is it worth making the switch to have access to eshop content and homebrew? Should I just pick up an old 3DS or go to the trouble of hunting down a second N3DS? I know I wouldn't be able to do a system transfer from my current daily driver but would I at least be able to carry over my save data?

2. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Im really confused if you have a sky3ds you can be on the latest firmware and access eShop or am I horribly mistaken?
    : Edit nvm im a downy is your MM3DS on 9.2 or lower if yes I would get a Gateway card for it.

3. exolaris
    OP

exolaris Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2011
    United States
    Sorry - the MM3ds is on 9.7. I do have access to the eshop, what I meant was access to eshop .cia's which the sky3ds cannot run. For example, the Ace Attorney games. I do not currently have access to a <= 9.2 console.

4. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    Well if you are willing to go to the trouble to find a N3DS lower then 9.2 or 9.2, then yes do so, but if you want latest FW in emunand, get an O3DS with FW lower then 9.2 or 9.2

5. Arkansaw

Arkansaw GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2005
    Trinidad and Tobago
    you will need a CN too for n3ds, don't forget

seriously I think GW is still better supported for o3ds, despite the fact that many people are upgrading to n3ds and hoping to use it with n3ds

6. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    He already has a sky3ds card so no he doesn't not need to buy cubic ninja

ravihpa likes this.
  7. ravihpa

ravihpa GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 11, 2007
    India
    Lol, he DOESN'T NEED CN. He already has Sky3DS. He can just use the CN rom with the Sky3DS and install the MSET exploit on his New N3DS, and after that, he won't need Sky3DS anymore.

Xenon Hacks likes this.
  8. Arkansaw

Arkansaw GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2005
    Trinidad and Tobago
    true, but he probably wants to use it with his up-to-date aka 9.7 sysnand units

and if there's ever a need to undo the mset part to run other stuff like NTR

9. exolaris
    OP

exolaris Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2011
    United States
    A hard copy of OoT is sufficient, right?