NVIDIA 306.97 drivers unstable?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Tom Bombadildo, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2012
  1. Tom Bombadildo
    OP

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Hey Temp, I've been having some issues with my PC lately involving BSODs whenever doing any graphic-intensive stuff. So far I've noticed it only while playing Fallout 3 so I figured it was just a problem with the game, but it also just happened while playing Minecraft. After checking the .dmp file (here, if anyone else wants to take a look at it), it seems to be my graphics drivers at fault. Just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing issues with the latest drivers? Or if anyone knows what the most stable drivers are? Currently rolling back to...301.42 I believe and will see how that turns out, but just wondering if anyone has any recommendations.

My GPU is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 440, btw.

EDIT: Actually, may not be my drivers after all. Seems the fan on my GPU is having issues turning >.<

EDIT2: Yep, seems the fan in my GPU is dying. Stays around 5%-10% and won't go any higher. So now I have a new question. Would it be better to replace the fan or buy a new GPU altogether? I was thinking of upgrading soon anyways, but I'm a little strapped for cash at the moment. How hard would it be to replace the fan? Seems pretty easy from what I can tell, but I've seen some people claim it's not worth the trouble. Any thoughts?

EDIT3: Nevermind, gonna be much easier than I thought. Thread can be locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.