OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I've come up across a very strange problem. In at least WiiDoom, snes9x, and genplus, my nunchuk is incapable of inputting upward or rightward movements i.e. pushing the stick upward leads to a in-game downward response and pushing it to the right produces an in-game leftward movement. Pushing the stick left or down produces appropriate responses. My problemb is pretty much described perfectly in this WiiDoom issue ticket, but the dev's only response to date provides no help:

http://code.google.com/p/wiidoom/issues/detail?id=43

The same result is reached when attached to any wii remote. This, combined with the fact that my other nunchuk is working perfectly fine in these same apps, seems to indicate some faulty hardware. HOWEVER, in a very strange turn, this seemingly 'defective' nunchuk works perfectly fine in all the actual wii games (both original and backups) I have tried with it... which in turn seems to indicate a software problem with my homebrew.
wacko.gif

So I don't really know what's going on. It works in Wii games no problem, but is useless for these homebrew apps in which another nunchuk works just fine. If I can't find an answer, I'll likely just throw it in a box and make the trek to try and exchange it for another. But I'm hoping someone out there has had some experience with this.

I don't know how relevant this is, but the system is 3.2u with cIOSrev7. I've been searching, but could not find any other mention of a similar problem outside that WiiDoom issue ticket, much less a concrete solution.

Thanks.

jawknee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have an answer to this problem. however I have this same exact problem also and need help too. I do realize this thread is very, very old.

wanders

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yup I couldn't find any other way to fix it and ended up exchanging the problem nunchuk. Life is good now
smile.gif

Strange issue though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-