Hacking NTSC Image Pack - Wii Covers

MrFaust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kosaic: 1st off, thank you for putting the pack together.

a couple of things though... and please don't take this personal. Just trying to help out.

why are you using pal covers for ntsc games and ntsc covers for pal games?
Besides saying "PAL" on the cover, a lot of times if the cover looks similar, the game ratings box is different. This goes for JAP, KOR, GER, CAN, FRE versions as well.

I downloaded all the NTSC-U covers from the cover site over at http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/ which is based on several peoples work. I then went through today and found proper NTSC-U covers for all most if not all the games that are still in your pack using a PAL cover. I also went through and replaced about 300 covers with sharper clearer cover art. I'm a stickler for detail. The reasoning behind this is because the artwork can look bad when it's blown up on a large TV. As for the region stuff, I'm mostly thinking of the users that have kids and would like to see the game ratings on the cover art just in case their kids are playing games.

I've downloaded your latest pack and will sort through them later to see what the differences are between when you have and what is on the cover site to help get the best collection together online. We are getting damn close to having all of the US release covers. I'll be doing this for PAL as well next. Both places should be careful to understand that a game isn't always released in all regions. Sometimes it's a US only release or a EU or JAP only release. And sometimes the same game will have a different name in all regions. There are people making covers for games that do not exist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_games

I hope you took this as only constructive criticism and nothing else
smile.gif

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the hard work. This made my life so much easier

I don't even want to think about the time it would have taken me

to compile and properly name the files I will need.

Kosaic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MrFaust said:
Kosaic: 1st off, thank you for putting the pack together.

a couple of things though... and please don't take this personal. Just trying to help out.

why are you using pal covers for ntsc games and ntsc covers for pal games?
Besides saying "PAL" on the cover, a lot of times if the cover looks similar, the game ratings box is different. This goes for JAP, KOR, GER, CAN, FRE versions as well.

I downloaded all the NTSC-U covers from the cover site over at http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/ which is based on several peoples work. I then went through today and found proper NTSC-U covers for all most if not all the games that are still in your pack using a PAL cover. I also went through and replaced about 300 covers with sharper clearer cover art. I'm a stickler for detail. The reasoning behind this is because the artwork can look bad when it's blown up on a large TV. As for the region stuff, I'm mostly thinking of the users that have kids and would like to see the game ratings on the cover art just in case their kids are playing games.

I've downloaded your latest pack and will sort through them later to see what the differences are between when you have and what is on the cover site to help get the best collection together online. We are getting damn close to having all of the US release covers. I'll be doing this for PAL as well next. Both places should be careful to understand that a game isn't always released in all regions. Sometimes it's a US only release or a EU or JAP only release. And sometimes the same game will have a different name in all regions. There are people making covers for games that do not exist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_games

I hope you took this as only constructive criticism and nothing else
smile.gif

No offense taken ...

I put the packs all together as a starting point, and didnt expect to get it all done myself. It is a HUGE job
smile.gif

Let me know if you want a hand sorting through what you have, or are replacing ...

This is the kind of assistance that is appreciated !!!

Cheers,

gtmtnbiker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably the easiest thing to do is to use Configurable USB Loader to download the covers. The latest version (.50?) has this ability. Then there's really no need for the NTSC image pack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?