Homebrew Question NSP Installation Question

Onsonj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably a dumb question but I have been away from the switch scene for a while. I am installing NSP files to my switch with a Keys.dat file I found online a while ago. Should I go through and export my own keys file to use moving forward? If so why?

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Yes it is (4nxci). You can use the "found" keys.dat for that. Only keys used are shared ones (that are the same in yours and in the found one).

Last edited by notimp,

Onsonj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it is (4nxci). You can use the "found" keys.dat for that. Only keys used are public ones (that are the same in yours and in the found one).

Ok cool, would there be any reason/program where I would want to use my own keys file? Sorry for the questions, just trying to wrap my head around keys information.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Not unless you are signing system partition stuff, I think (so maybe when rebuilding a nandbackup from a firmware blob), but not until then.

Still keep a copy - it might be the difference between you being able to recover a brick, or not - but in daily use no - i think. (At least I dont. :) )

More sophisticated answer would be appreciated. :)

Onsonj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not unless you are signing system partition stuff, I think (so maybe when rebuilding a nandbackup from a firmware blob), but not until then.

Still keep a copy - it might be the difference between you being able to recover a brick, or not - but in daily use no - i think. (At least I dont. :) )

More sophisticated answer would be appreciated. :)

Thank you kind person for taking the time to help me today, I greatly appreciate it.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
My line. ;) Youd didn't. Its just that most people here wouldnt describe me as a kind person. ;) (And based on me acting out a certain role in here, they'd be correct. :) ).

Onsonj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My line. ;) Youd didn't. Its just that most people here wouldnt describe me as a kind person. ;) (And based on me acting out a certain role in here, they'd be correct. :) ).

Today you were kind to me, and I am very much appreciative. The past is in the past and has no bearing on your future character, of which is totally defined by what you continue to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show